+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Entertainment or promotion?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Entertainment

11 36.67%
  • Promotion

16 53.33%
  • LFW

3 10.00%

Thread: Entertainment or promotion?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Entertainment or promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Can't agree with that, Andy Campbell's goal went in and the quality of football we played was completely irrelevant. Promotion is promotion regardless of the quality of football.
    It is often said that winning a play-off final is the best way to get promoted and I wouldn't argue with that. It is in effect a cup final, so is it any wonder it has created such a wonderful memory for you. If however we had played that way throughout the whole season and slogged our way to promotion, I very much doubt you would remember that promotion season with the same affection.

Re: Entertainment or promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    It is often said that winning a play-off final is the best way to get promoted and I wouldn't argue with that. It is in effect a cup final, so is it any wonder it has created such a wonderful memory for you. If however we had played that way throughout the whole season and slogged our way to promotion, I very much doubt you would remember that promotion season with the same affection.
    I have no recollection of how we played that season at all, only the day at The Millennium and that memory will live with me forever.

When I'm close to death I'll look back with fondness on memories like that, I won't give a **** whether we passed the ball around like Barcelona