+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Entertainment or promotion?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Entertainment

11 36.67%
  • Promotion

16 53.33%
  • LFW

3 10.00%

Thread: Entertainment or promotion?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Entertainment or promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I must protest, it wasn’t 5-0 against Watford, it was 5-1 -Sol Bamba scored from a ruck/rolling maul.

Apart from that, I agree with you
    Oh I'd forgotten about that! Yes, our goal clearly didn't register the way Deulofeu's hat-trick did! Was I right about Everton on the following Monday? I referenced these two because I was struggling more than usual and they were a real pain to get to and literally sit through the two matches so close together (and the conditions) so they kind of summed up that season for me. I said to my wife on the way to the Watford game that I wanted to Delefeou up close as I think he'll be a real handful. He made mincemeat of us (Morrison).

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Oh I'd forgotten about that! Yes, our goal clearly didn't register the way Deulofeu's hat-trick did! Was I right about Everton on the following Monday? I referenced these two because I was struggling more than usual and they were a real pain to get to and literally sit through the two matches so close together (and the conditions) so they kind of summed up that season for me. I said to my wife on the way to the Watford game that I wanted to Delefeou up close as I think he'll be a real handful. He made mincemeat of us (Morrison).
    As it was not a Bank Holiday, I’d say the only reason we’d play on a Monday is if it was televised and I’m pretty sure that it wasn’t , so I’m guessing the Everton match was on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Delefeou caused us more problems at Cardiff City Stadium than any other player that season I reckon and I remember that although it finished 3-2, Watford could have scored a hatful at Vicaridge Road as well.

As it was not a Bank Holiday, I’d say the only reason we’d play on a Monday is if it was televised and I’m pretty sure that it wasn’t , so I’m guessing the Everton match was on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Delefeou caused us more problems at Cardiff City Stadium than any other player that season I reckon and I remember that although it finished 3-2, Watford could have scored a hatful at Vicaridge Road as well.

The Everton match was definitely on a Tuesday evening. I had a workshop to attend in Cardiff early the next morning so stayed with my son in the Travelodge just off Queen St. As we left the ground I remember him saying he thought our performance was a load of shite. When I asked him where he heard such a phrase (he was 6), he said "You said it, Daddy!"