+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: James Collins - Signing agreed

James Collins - Signing agreed

City interested? Luton contract up in a few weeks.

Re: James Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    City interested? Luton contract up in a few weeks.
    He's about 102 in he

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He's about 102 in he
    1 year older than Keiffer

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ready-20607915

Middlesbrough boss Neil Warnock is reportedly ready to deny former club Cardiff City in the race for Luton Town striker James Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    1 year older than Keiffer
    Is this a woosh?

The Ginger Monster that played for West Ham? He's got to be at least 10 years older than Keiffer.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Is this a woosh?

The Ginger Monster that played for West Ham? He's got to be at least 10 years older than Keiffer.
    You've wooshed yourself here!

This one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_...er,_born_1990)

Not this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_...er,_born_1983)

Or is it these pair of Collins ( Lewis Collins of Newport ) or older brother Aaron at Forest Green , there bloody everywhere are these Collins's especially in Newport the Town is littered with them

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Or is it these pair of Collins ( Lewis Collins of Newport ) or older brother Aaron at Forest Green , there bloody everywhere are these Collins's especially in Newport the Town is littered with them
    Aaron Collins is a better investment than Max Waters. Lewis Collins has done really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Aaron Collins is a better investment than Max Waters. Lewis Collins has done really well.
    I liked him when he was in CI5

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I liked him when he was in CI5
    Is Martin Shaw any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Not sure how you cone to that conclusion. Watters is two years younger, has played less senior games and scored more goals than Collins.

if you arranged a tournament whereby all the players on the team had to have the same surname, I guess the Collins' might be able to field a decent team. the Traores or the da Silvas might be hard to beat though

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Not sure how you CONE to that conclusion. Watters is two years younger, has played less senior games and scored more goals than Collins.

Ice creams all round

He is highly regarded at Shrewsbury where he scored 42 goals in two spells for them including 22 in one season. I have always thought of him as a really good lower division scorer but he has managed 14 and 10 for Luton in the championship. Would not want him as our main striker but as a back up for Moore or someone to bring on when we are behind in a game might not be to bad. Good in the air can hold up the ball and puts himself about a bit. Can see why he would be a Warnock MM type player. Never gets injured either played 46 and 40 games in the last two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if you arranged a tournament whereby all the players on the team had to have the same surname, I guess the Collins' might be able to field a decent team. the Traores or the da Silvas might be hard to beat though
    I reckon Wales could field a full team of Collin'nssss ( what is the collective term for a lot of Collins ? )

I reckon Wales could field a full team of Collin'nssss ( what is the collective term for a lot of Collins ? )
    A Thesaurus (outside the box thinking)

Ginger ninjas

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The Dembeles would put a decent fight

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Is Martin Shaw any good?
    Well they are both professionals but Gordon Jackson most probably best guy to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Weird. I've never heard of him. He doesn't seem much to get excited about.

Teeside media saying this morning that Collins to Cardiff is a done deal!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Teeside media saying this morning that Collins to Cardiff is a done deal!
    https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sp...-join-cardiff/

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/...rough-20613312

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_...er,_born_1990)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7OR...wnFootballClub

Twenty nine goals in the last two seasons is pretty impressive - 31 in December though.

His age is an issue meaning there can never be a sell on fee or lowering the average age of the squad which I thought was the new aim of the Board. The intention seems to be to play Collins alongside, and not instead of, Keifer Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    His age is an issue meaning there can never be a sell on fee or lowering the average age of the squad which I thought was the new aim of the Board. The intention seems to be to play Collins alongside, and not instead of, Keifer Moore.
    He's a free your looking into it to much.