+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: James Collins - Signing agreed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: James Collins - Signing agreed

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Which younger players?
    Watters and Harris. Feels a bit odd giving Harris a contract extension then signing Collins.

But thinking about this a bit further, this season beat the crap out of Kieffer, the type of player he his must be exhausting and he looked shattered by the end. Having Collins to ease the burden is quite smart, and for a free seems like good business.

You wouldn’t play him and kieffer in the same team so he probably doesn’t impact watters and harris that much

So yeah I’m on board

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Watters and Harris. Feels a bit odd giving Harris a contract extension then signing Collins.

But thinking about this a bit further, this season beat the crap out of Kieffer, the type of player he his must be exhausting and he looked shattered by the end. Having Collins to ease the burden is quite smart, and for a free seems like good business.

You wouldn’t play him and kieffer in the same team so he probably doesn’t impact watters and harris that much

So yeah I’m on board
    I agree.

So yeah I’m on board
    Looking at his stats in a bit more detail, he's not an exact replica of Moore.
    Doesn't win a particularly high number of aerials (could also be down to the way Luton play), drops deeper, works very hard in pressing - I don't think playing both of them is out of the question.

So yeah I’m on board
    I hope we won't play him and Keiffer in the same team unless we're chasing the game, but you never know with the way we've played the game for the last seven seasons.

I also hope that he doesn't become our first choice if we sell Keiffer. He looks a good signing as a back up for Keiffer, but I'm not sure about a direct replacement for him, but it seems like a clear drop in standards if he was our first choice striker next season.