+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Palestine Israel

Feedback

Re: Palestine Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yes I often reminisce about when we were all celebrating the caliphate gaining territory, on reflection we should have been more critical of the beheadings and of course we would have been if they had been Jewish... Really???

The reason we have these discussions about Israel and not other conflicts is because it's layered and complicated, lots of the things LOM highlights in his rants are cut and dry, they don't naturally provoke discussion. I didn't think this needed pointing out but there we go.
    You're creating a straw man when none exists. I appreciate threads ebb and flow, and it is your right to change tack if it suits your argument, but its a tried and tested technique to obfuscate and those of us experienced in such matters can see through your charade.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://twitter.com/kann_news/status...101104128?s=19

here's a video clip of a Palestinian girl being shot in the back with a sponge tipped bullet by Israeli police. apparently they were instructed to go back into their house, which they all did, then as they were just through the door they shot the little girl in the back and then threw a stun grenade as her dad desperately tried to protect her.

to be able to shoot a little girl in the back must mean that they are completely dehumanised to you. I'm sure the police officer (s) that did it are completely unremarkable and if you or I had grown up in their shoes we would probably feel the same as they do about Israel and Palestinians.
    how do you go about undoing that kind of deep rooted dehumanisation that has been grown over a lifetime - on both sides.
    All I see is someone shot at someone else off camera. Far be it for me to challenge the verisimilitude of what you are saying, but is there any evidence (other than witty rhetoric of those with an agenda) to substantiate the claim she was shot in the back. And why doesn't the filming angle of the 2nd clip match what is going on in the first clip?

The rest of your post is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    All I see is someone shot at someone else off camera. Far be it for me to challenge the verisimilitude of what you are saying, but is there any evidence (other than witty rhetoric of those with an agenda) to substantiate the claim she was shot in the back. And why doesn't the filming angle of the 2nd clip match what is going on in the first clip?

The rest of your post is spot on.
    The second clip is clearly a different camera.
    The account posting the videos seems to be the Israeli State broadcaster - I'm not sure they would be posting unsubstantiated videos.
    There are also other accounts showing the girl now in hospital, saying she has fractures in her spine and heavily bruised lungs

You're creating a straw man when none exists. I appreciate threads ebb and flow, and it is your right to change tack if it suits your argument, but its a tried and tested technique to obfuscate and those of us experienced in such matters can see through your charade.
    I've no idea what you are even trying to say here.

I was explaining why some topics prompt discussion and others dont. LOM doesn't appear to understand this and neither do you.

have I done such a thing?
    Yes, unless you think a 'jew basher' wouldn't be categorised as prejudiced.

if that is what you take away from it then there is little point in discussing further. The point being made was very clear - we see atrocities such as this each and every day but little if any get the air time unless the yids are involved.

Only one poster in this thread has condemned Israel and has done it from a position of perspective and objectivity and that is African Bluebird. The rest are just using this as an opportunity to partake in a bit of Jew bashing.

FYI, the Y word you've casually used is anti-Semitic slur. I know it wasn't meant that way but best not to use it further.

I think my main point throughout this has been that conversations need to be ongoing in times of peace for any progress to be made. This thread is ongoing, good, but seems to be unravelling a bit which is disappointing. But things are still going on which need our attention.

Feedback

The second clip is clearly a different camera.
    The account posting the videos seems to be the Israeli State broadcaster - I'm not sure they would be posting unsubstantiated videos.
    There are also other accounts showing the girl now in hospital, saying she has fractures in her spine and heavily bruised lungs
    I am aware that the second clip is a different camera. one is an internal CCTV camera and the other is taken through the fence. however, if you look at where the fence is taken and the direction the cop shoots, then you look at where the CCTV is placed, you'll see the angles are wrong (the CCTV is mounted directly in line with where the camera in the first video is taken from, yet there is no one inside recording)

Feedback

I've no idea what you are even trying to say here.

I was explaining why some topics prompt discussion and others dont. LOM doesn't appear to understand this and neither do you.
    I understand it perfectly. The Israeli Palestinian conflict attracts the left wing Citizen Smith types such as yourself because its all about Jew bashing.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

FYI, the Y word you've casually used is anti-Semitic slur. I know it wasn't meant that way but best not to use it further.

I think my main point throughout this has been that conversations need to be ongoing in times of peace for any progress to be made. This thread is ongoing, good, but seems to be unravelling a bit which is disappointing. But things are still going on which need our attention.
    Unless we are talking Spurs, I'm aware of just how pejorative Yids is. It was said tongue in cheek, much like red sea pedestrians. If we're going to have a Jew Bashing thread, its best to do it properly and not pretend it is anything otherwise.

re your latter point, agreed.

I am aware that the second clip is a different camera. one is an internal CCTV camera and the other is taken through the fence. however, if you look at where the fence is taken and the direction the cop shoots, then you look at where the CCTV is placed, you'll see the angles are wrong (the CCTV is mounted directly in line with where the camera in the first video is taken from, yet there is no one inside recording)
    I took the second recording as being a neighbour

Feedback

I took the second recording as being a neighbour
    that is the inference, but the angles don't work.

that is the inference, but the angles don't work.
    seem to match up fine to me

Feedback

of course, what about the shadows...

Feedback

of course, what about the shadows...

in the internal video, the first shot is fired at 1:08 and then a grenade of sorts comes through 10 seconds later.

in the second video the first shot is at 0:13 and there is no further shooting.

I'm not convinced they are the same incident, but then the second video, for some reason, is cut short.

I understand it perfectly. The Israeli Palestinian conflict attracts the left wing Citizen Smith types such as yourself because its all about Jew bashing.
    And just like that the facade of intelligence is gone.

Feedback

And just like that the facade of intelligence is gone.
    what facade?

what facade?
    The one you have desperately trying to keep attached to yourself throughout this thread.

You behave the same way every time. At first you make a good fist of playing devil's advocate, then you pick a camp and become completely entrenched, unable to listen to anybody else or comprehend what they are saying, eventually start acting like a child, get personal and dismissive of any other opinion and then the thread dies.

The amount of times a thread like this ends with one of your posts is astounding, it isn't because you were right but because people got tired of banging their head against a wall.

Feedback

The one you have desperately trying to keep attached to yourself throughout this thread.

You behave the same way every time. At first you make a good fist of playing devil's advocate, then you pick a camp and become completely entrenched, unable to listen to anybody else or comprehend what they are saying, eventually start acting like a child, get personal and dismissive of any other opinion and then the thread dies.

The amount of times a thread like this ends with one of your posts is astounding, it isn't because you were right but because people got tired of banging their head against a wall.
    you could always block my posts. its not difficult. i would have thought a sagacious individual such as you would have been able to work that out.

you could always block my posts. its not difficult. i would have thought a sagacious individual such as you would have been able to work that out.
    No thanks, you have interesting takes sometimes, it just always descends into...

Feedback is the most contrary, delusional prick on this MB... ever..

You have a need for an interaction with a poster on a football message board?

Is everything alright at home?
    What an incredibly limp post

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Feedback is the most contrary, delusional prick on this MB... ever..
    Thanks, I'm flattered I really am

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What an incredibly limp post
    Yet here you are responding yet again.

Feedback

No thanks, you have interesting takes sometimes, it just always descends into...
    ...Oscar Wilde rapier like wit and devastating repartee

This post has run out of arguments.