Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
that's a fair story. Have you spoken with any Israelis and taken on board their position so you can form a balanced opinion?
Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine any justification for the types of things this guy has told me.

The guy is pretty upfront about stuff. He told me that Israeli troops entered his city in armoured tanks looking for "a baddie" and that when kids started throwing stones at them , they returned with live rounds. He said " My friend and me ran and then I felt liquid on my face and when I looked my friend had been shot in the head "....he pointed at his forehead and had tears in his eyes.

He also told me that he once tried to go from his city to visit his wife in another Palestinian town in the West Bank and that a journey that should take half an hour takes hours due to check-point controls. ON one of these occasions a soldier spoke to the guy in Hebrew and he responded in English saying that he didn't understand Hebrew. The soldier told him that he is in Israel and should speak Hebrew. My neighbour responded telling him that he is in Palestine and should therefore speak Arabic. He was then made to get out of the car and sit in ,what he described, as a pit in the ground until morning.

Again, this guy is studying a PHD in a foreign country....he not some scrote I bumped into in a bar. Proper nice, friendly people. I asked the guy once for a recipe for Falafel....he said "wait a sec, I've got some in the freezer, I'll bring some over to you" ....it's no polygraph test, but he sure seems like a decent and honest bloke to me.

If I spoke to an Israeli , is there anything at all that he could say that would justify the things I've mentioned above ?

For me there isn't.