Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
I don't know about others, but I have no problem believing that a minor Jewish prophet and agitator called Jesus (or the original version of that name) lived, annoyed the religious hierarchy, and was executed by the Romans. Either one man or a number of different people from the same period whose stories were conflated in the (sparse) written records. That is very different from accepting all the supernatural stuff that was and is wrapped around the story and the way the cult turned into a series of linked belief systems over the next two millennia - systems that were used to control large parts of the global population through the Church.

You believe in the literal truth of the Old Testament! You believe in the truth of the four main gospels - which contradict each other and were written 30-100 years after the execution of Jesus by non-eye witnesses working in the propaganda unit of the new cult. But despite all your blind faith and credulousness the best you can come up with as proof of your beliefs is Jeremy Bowen and a sensationalist BBC drama-doc that was best remembered for its ludicrous 'facial reconstruction' punchline. Have you read the link you posted?
Yes, and I watched the series some 20 years ago as it went out on a weekly basis.

The particular point being addressed was SLUDGE insisting that Jesus Christ did not exist, my answer which uses the unlikely instument that is the BBC, answers that question clearly and leaves no doubt whatsoever. Also given the fact that someone who remains an atheist (to this day as far as I am aware) is saying the history is irrefutable re Christ Jesus, then you can hardly say I have called a loaded witness to the stand.

As for your assumptions about the accuracies of the Gospels, I am happy to discuss your best example of this, fire away.....