nobody wants the Jewish people to be persecuted, or wants to remove Israel from the map. even if some of us think that setting it up in the way that it was was a big mistake, it is too late to undo that now.
furthermore, if I had to choose one nation in the region to live in it would almost certainly be Israel , for all that is wrong there many of the neighbouring countries have oppressive regimes too.

take Iran for example. Iranian people are warm and friendly, the women are beautiful, the food is amazing and it has beaches, mountains, historic cities, but unfortunately it is ruled currently by religious fanatics, who I certainly would not want to get on the wrong side of.
because of the actions of the people in control there have been strict sanctions on Iran off and on since the 1970s.
are they effective? I don't know. I would clearly prefer to see Iran emerge as a free democracy and would love to visit if it does.

I think why so many people are drawn to comment on Israel, is they see them doing horrendous things to the Arabic population living on the land and there is never any pushback from the western governments.
also because there is always someone along to rush to their defence - if I criticise China's treatment of a minority group there most likely people will say yes it is terrible. if I criticise what Israel does to the Palestinians there are always people who will justify it - I think that's why these threads become more prominent