+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Palestine Israel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Palestine Israel

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Read the short article in the link (above)
    That seems to suggest that God designated Israel's borders and you're using that as a reference

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    That seems to suggest that God designated Israel's borders and you're using that as a reference
    Even then it states that the lands should belong to "the descendents" of Abraham, which I think applies just as much to Moslems as it does to Jewish people.

Ignoring the slightly problematic point that there is no god and he/she never gave the land to anyone in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Even then it states that the lands should belong to "the descendents" of Abraham, which I think applies just as much to Moslems as it does to Jewish people.

Ignoring the slightly problematic point that there is no god and he/she never gave the land to anyone in the first place.
    Wishful thinking (because it's a meeting you are not looking forward to - see Hebrews 9v27) is irrelevant in this discussion.

That's unless you can explain definitively how (mostly) intelligent life began from chance random processes?

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Wishful thinking (because it's a meeting you are not looking forward to - see Hebrews 9v27) is irrelevant in this discussion.

That's unless you can explain definitively how (mostly) intelligent life began from chance random processes?
    Yes I thnk I can give a pretty good explanation of my understanding of how that works.

Can you explain how an almighty god somehow began? surely that's a lot more of a leap than single celled life emerging spontaneously?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    That is the beginning and end of Truthpaste's contribution.

God Almighty.... Good Book.... Chosen People.... The ramblings of a bronze age shaman (tweaked and modified through word of mouth and finally written down centuries later) becomes the sole and unarguable justification for decades of persecution and ethnic cleansing. And because the Israeli state has taken it's time about driving Palestinians out of the territory described in the Old Testament, they are somehow to be praised for restraint!

That may not have been the only strand of historic Zionism, but it is the dominant one today. It also explains why there are so many more Christian Zionists about than Jewish Zionists - including tens of millions of evangelicals in North America (like Mike Pence and Mike Pompeo in the Trump government). But some of the most courageous anti-Zionists are Jewish themselves, and some of the most effective campaigners for Palestinian human rights are Jewish people living in Israel.

It is becoming ever more difficult to see how a two state 'solution' can be introduced after the creeping colonisation and bantuisation of the occupied territories - no Palestinian state is viable now. A one state solution can only be an ethno-religious apartheid state of the sort Netanyahu and Bennett are moving towards, or a democratic state of citizens with equal rights - which is anathema to Zionists.