+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Palestine Israel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Palestine Israel

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Apart from throwing out the expected insults, you don't appear to have decided who is to blame?

"A mindset that would see innocent Palestinians chucked out of their homes because of what a book says.
    The idea that the Palestinian side are angels though is becoming a very dangerous and pervasive myth"
    Don't appear to have decided who to blame? I think that both sides have some elements who cause problems. There are also many, many good people on both sides who would just like to live in peace. It's a complicated situation, not as simple as attaching blame to one side and hero status to the other side

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Don't appear to have decided who to blame? I think that both sides have some elements who cause problems. There are also many, many good people on both sides who would just like to live in peace. It's a complicated situation, not as simple as attaching blame to one side and hero status to the other side
    So why throw the insult when I didn't pour any blame on one side either, I simply pointed out that the title deeds originally belonged to the children of Abraham.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Nobody here is attaching hero status to any side, and as for a solution, the Bible does predict that in any era, man himself will not be able to solve it himself.

In the meantime it has been interesting to note what recent history has recorded re the Jews:-

'Some people like the Jews, and some do not. But no thoughtful man can deny the fact that they are, beyond any question, the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has appeared in the world'- Winston Churchill.

"I will insist the Hebrews have [contributed] more to civilize men than any other nation. If I was an atheist and believed in blind eternal fate, I should still believe that fate had ordained the Jews to be the most essential instrument for civilizing the nations... They are the most glorious nation that ever inhabited this Earth. The Romans and their empire were but a bubble in comparison to the Jews" - John Adams - 2nd US President.