+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 417

Thread: Palestine Israel

  1. #361

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Truthppaste perfectly encapsulates the crazies from the greater Israel bunch of tossers. A mindset that would see innocent Palestinians chucked out of their homes because of what a book says.
    The idea that the Palestinian side are angels though is becoming a very dangerous and pervasive myth. Most of what became Israel was built on empty land, huge amounts of the arabs in the area were wildly anti semitic and thought they'd try killing them rather than live next to them.

    The settlement movement and their political lackeys have caused a very disproportionate amount of harm and hardship. I'd like to see some pressure brought on Israel to pull them into line. But the reason that there's not more outcry about the settlers amongst the general Israeli population is quite simple. They are fully aware of a fact that many here, especially on the left are unwilling to admit. That fundamental truth is that there is no difference between settlers and residents of tel aviv in the eyes of a lot of Palestinians and residents of surrounding countries. They're all just Jews to them, and they'd happily see them all wiped out for that fact.

  2. #362

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Truthppaste perfectly encapsulates the crazies from the greater Israel bunch of tossers. A mindset that would see innocent Palestinians chucked out of their homes because of what a book says.
    The idea that the Palestinian side are angels though is becoming a very dangerous and pervasive myth. Most of what became Israel was built on empty land, huge amounts of the arabs in the area were wildly anti semitic and thought they'd try killing them rather than live next to them.

    The settlement movement and their political lackeys have caused a very disproportionate amount of harm and hardship. I'd like to see some pressure brought on Israel to pull them into line. But the reason that there's not more outcry about the settlers amongst the general Israeli population is quite simple. They are fully aware of a fact that many here, especially on the left are unwilling to admit. That fundamental truth is that there is no difference between settlers and residents of tel aviv in the eyes of a lot of Palestinians and residents of surrounding countries. They're all just Jews to them, and they'd happily see them all wiped out for that fact.
    Apart from throwing out the expected insults, you don't appear to have decided who is to blame?

    "A mindset that would see innocent Palestinians chucked out of their homes because of what a book says.
    The idea that the Palestinian side are angels though is becoming a very dangerous and pervasive myth"

  3. #363

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Apart from throwing out the expected insults, you don't appear to have decided who is to blame?

    "A mindset that would see innocent Palestinians chucked out of their homes because of what a book says.
    The idea that the Palestinian side are angels though is becoming a very dangerous and pervasive myth"
    Don't appear to have decided who to blame? I think that both sides have some elements who cause problems. There are also many, many good people on both sides who would just like to live in peace. It's a complicated situation, not as simple as attaching blame to one side and hero status to the other side

  4. #364

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Apart from throwing out the expected insults, you don't appear to have decided who is to blame?

    "A mindset that would see innocent Palestinians chucked out of their homes because of what a book says.
    The idea that the Palestinian side are angels though is becoming a very dangerous and pervasive myth"
    God , the Bible , the Koran and America

  5. #365
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,726

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The legal concept of nationality is a modern concept, of course.
    Being born or conceived a bastard isn't!!

  6. #366

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Being born or conceived a bastard isn't!!
    that's a bit harsh on TBG

  7. #367

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    that's a bit harsh on TBG

  8. #368

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    😉

  9. #369

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Don't appear to have decided who to blame? I think that both sides have some elements who cause problems. There are also many, many good people on both sides who would just like to live in peace. It's a complicated situation, not as simple as attaching blame to one side and hero status to the other side
    So why throw the insult when I didn't pour any blame on one side either, I simply pointed out that the title deeds originally belonged to the children of Abraham.

  10. #370

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Don't appear to have decided who to blame? I think that both sides have some elements who cause problems. There are also many, many good people on both sides who would just like to live in peace. It's a complicated situation, not as simple as attaching blame to one side and hero status to the other side
    Nobody here is attaching hero status to any side, and as for a solution, the Bible does predict that in any era, man himself will not be able to solve it himself.

    In the meantime it has been interesting to note what recent history has recorded re the Jews:-

    'Some people like the Jews, and some do not. But no thoughtful man can deny the fact that they are, beyond any question, the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has appeared in the world'- Winston Churchill.

    "I will insist the Hebrews have [contributed] more to civilize men than any other nation. If I was an atheist and believed in blind eternal fate, I should still believe that fate had ordained the Jews to be the most essential instrument for civilizing the nations... They are the most glorious nation that ever inhabited this Earth. The Romans and their empire were but a bubble in comparison to the Jews" - John Adams - 2nd US President.

  11. #371

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    So why throw the insult when I didn't pour any blame on one side either, I simply pointed out that the title deeds originally belonged to the children of Abraham.
    Because you appear to believe that Jews should have all the land of eretz Israel based on your belief in religious texts. I personally think that's a dangerous view, it's a view that is shared by radical settlers who cause many problems. Arab/Islamic media and a fairly chunky proportion of Muslims also like to pretend that it's the goal of all israelis and Jews to take the whole land of Israel. This religious lunacy from a minority on both sides, coupled with rampant anti senitism in a large majority of the Arab populations, is the root cause of most of the issues.

    What worries me, is that many people who are generally moderate, are now starting to get sucked in by this idea that all of Israel is a problem and stolen, rather than just the settlements. When people like you start pumping out the idea that Israel is 'entitled ' to all the land, you just help to firm up their opinions

  12. #372

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Because you appear to believe that Jews should have all the land of eretz Israel based on your belief in religious texts. I personally think that's a dangerous view, it's a view that is shared by radical settlers who cause many problems. Arab/Islamic media and a fairly chunky proportion of Muslims also like to pretend that it's the goal of all israelis and Jews to take the whole land of Israel. This religious lunacy from a minority on both sides, coupled with rampant anti senitism in a large majority of the Arab populations, is the root cause of most of the issues.

    What worries me, is that many people who are generally moderate, are now starting to get sucked in by this idea that all of Israel is a problem and stolen, rather than just the settlements. When people like you start pumping out the idea that Israel is 'entitled ' to all the land, you just help to firm up their opinions
    An opinion on it's own is no more valid than that of any individual, Arab, Jew, yours or mine.
    What does matter is the title deed.
    If someone is squatting in your home, then you don't employ your opinion, that of your neighbours, the Lord Mayor or even the Pope; you deal in facts.
    If you'd like to prove that the title deed and authority of Scripture is invalid then do your best - however your OPINION alone isn't going to cut it.

  13. #373

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    An opinion on it's own is no more valid than that of any individual, Arab, Jew, yours or mine.
    What does matter is the title deed.
    If someone is squatting in your home, then you don't employ your opinion, that of your neighbours, the Lord Mayor or even the Pope; you deal in facts.
    If you'd like to prove that the title deed and authority of Scripture is invalid then do your best - however your OPINION alone isn't going to cut it.
    Luckily for the state of Israel , the IDF is stronger than any nonsense belief in bible/talmud scriptures or the Koran. I do feel desperately sorry for the Palestinians caught up in the aggression of the small minority of loons on the political and religious extreme of Israeli society. As I feel sorry for the thousands of Israeli Jews who have suffered Palestinian terrorism.

    Friends like you do Israel as much harm as its enemies

  14. #374

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Luckily for the state of Israel , the IDF is stronger than any nonsense belief in bible/talmud scriptures or the Koran. I do feel desperately sorry for the Palestinians caught up in the aggression of the small minority of loons on the political and religious extreme of Israeli society. As I feel sorry for the thousands of Israeli Jews who have suffered Palestinian terrorism.

    Friends like you do Israel as much harm as its enemies
    I see, so because I claim to have a relationship with the same God that gave Israel a set of promises around 4000 years ago and I am saying that eventually things will be put right, I am somehow a trouble maker?
    I also feel sorry for the individuals caught up in religious hatred, and I am NOT a supporter of Religion as the thread ("Is violence to genuine football fans what religion is to...") I started a few weeks ago makes perfectly clear.
    Unfortunately it is people like you that hate those who they see to be religious, as they put all such people in the same basket, I hope at some point you will appreciate the difference.

  15. #375
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    11,725

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Unfortunately it is people like you that hate those who they see to be religious, as they put all such people in the same basket, I hope at some point you will appreciate the difference.
    A 'basket case' objecting to baskets?

    This thread has exceeded all expectations.

    I think you even typed 'title deed' with a straight face!

  16. #376

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    I see, so because I claim to have a relationship with the same God that gave Israel a set of promises around 4000 years ago and I am saying that eventually things will be put right, I am somehow a trouble maker?
    I also feel sorry for the individuals caught up in religious hatred, and I am NOT a supporter of Religion as the thread ("Is violence to genuine football fans what religion is to...") I started a few weeks ago makes perfectly clear.
    Unfortunately it is people like you that hate those who they see to be religious, as they put all such people in the same basket, I hope at some point you will appreciate the difference.
    Since you are going back before the Germanic tribes came to Britain, do you think that the English should be banished from Britain and the occupied territories (eg England) should be returned to the Welsh, ancient Britons and Welsh being synonymous.

  17. #377

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Here is a fact truthpaste

    There is no god

    If you say I am wrong , prove it

  18. #378

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    I see, so because I claim to have a relationship with the same God that gave Israel a set of promises around 4000 years ago and I am saying that eventually things will be put right, I am somehow a trouble maker?
    I also feel sorry for the individuals caught up in religious hatred, and I am NOT a supporter of Religion as the thread ("Is violence to genuine football fans what religion is to...") I started a few weeks ago makes perfectly clear.
    Unfortunately it is people like you that hate those who they see to be religious, as they put all such people in the same basket, I hope at some point you will appreciate the difference.
    So you have a relationship with someone who 4000 years ago promised somebody something ?

    So the bloke you talk to now was also around 4000 years ago?

    So how come he can still talk to you and you to him ?

    Is he on life support ?

  19. #379

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Since you are going back before the Germanic tribes came to Britain, do you think that the English should be banished from Britain and the occupied territories (eg England) should be returned to the Welsh, ancient Britons and Welsh being synonymous.
    As Britain opens it's 'gates' to almost anyone and everyone, I very much doubt that any descendants from any historical tribe has been prevented from entering the land!

  20. #380

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    As Britain opens it's 'gates' to almost anyone and everyone, I very much doubt that any descendants from any historical tribe has been prevented from entering the land!
    Britannia did not open its gates Boudicea fought the Romans and King Arthur fought the Saxons.

    By using your logic out in the middle East do you think should the English be sent back to Moenchengladbach and the occupied territories eg England in this example be given back to the Welsh ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •