+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 417

Thread: Palestine Israel

  1. #381

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Britannia did not open its gates Boudicea fought the Romans and King Arthur fought the Saxons.

    By using your logic out in the middle East do you think should the English be sent back to Moenchengladbach and the occupied territories eg England in this example be given back to the Welsh ?
    My comment re us opening the floodgates related to recent history as does the issue of this thread re Israel/ Palestine.
    As for England having to hand back land to England, they could start with Cornwell as it is mainly occupied by people who already know they are not quite part of England.
    For example, my mate who was born in St Ives, during every 6 nations he supports Wales

  2. #382

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    As Britain opens it's 'gates' to almost anyone and everyone, I very much doubt that any descendants from any historical tribe has been prevented from entering the land!
    That sounds a bit nigel farage we don't want any more immigrants

    I thought you were a Christian?

  3. #383

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    That sounds a bit nigel farage we don't want any more immigrants

    I thought you were a Christian?
    Which part of that do you consider to be unchristian?
    I never said I agreed or disagreed with government policy, I was stating a fact.

  4. #384

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    My comment re us opening the floodgates related to recent history as does the issue of this thread re Israel/ Palestine.
    As for England having to hand back land to England, they could start with Cornwell as it is mainly occupied by people who already know they are not quite part of England.
    For example, my mate who was born in St Ives, during every 6 nations he supports Wales
    You was off about 4000 year old history, if you are talking about recent history and the whole of the middle East then the Arabs are in the majority out there, just like the English are in Blighty.

    Cornwall was West Wales, Celts back in the day and not Anglo Saxons.

  5. #385

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    You was off about 4000 year old history, if you are talking about recent history and the whole of the middle East then the Arabs are in the majority out there, just like the English are in Blighty.

    Cornwall was West Wales, Celts back in the day and not Anglo Saxons.
    I wasn't off anything. I was on point stating facts, not opinions.

    And yes the Arabs have most of the Middle East, North Africa, Bradford and a number of other locations; so why would they need to have a monopoly in a really small country like Israel which is the size of Wales and dwarfed by virtually every country surrounding it?

    Israel is blue (in case it's too small to spot).

    israel-and-arab-world.jpg

  6. #386

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    I wasn't off anything. I was on point stating facts, not opinions.

    And yes the Arabs have most of the Middle East, North Africa, Bradford and a number of other locations; so why would they need to have a monopoly in a really small country like Israel which is the size of Wales and dwarfed by virtually every country surrounding it?

    Israel is blue (in case it's too small to spot).

    israel-and-arab-world.jpg
    Yes you was off about it that is why I replied, you logic relating to Israel while applied to Wales and Britain would mean Britannia belongs to the Welsh, Wales is a small country that the English are taking over via immigration also they have the weight of numbers come UK elections so the vote is skewed in that we have an English nationalist government in power in the UK in the form of the Tory party against Wales wishes as Wales never votes that way (ditto Scotland), some might say why does England want a monopoly of Britannia when they already have the occupied territories which is England.
    Israel and England are the same in as much as they are part of only a handful of countries in the World that have a state religion they are backward and medieval having such a thing, in England they even have a monarchy in this day and age and an unelected house of Lords, have you noticed how those that identify strongly as Welsh (or Scots or Irish) are sympathetic to the Palestinians and yet those that identify strongly as English seem to be sympathetic to Israel, although they fought and killed British soldiers and civilians when it was a British mandate out there.

  7. #387

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Yes you was off about it that is why I replied, you logic relating to Israel while applied to Wales and Britain would mean Britannia belongs to the Welsh, Wales is a small country that the English are taking over via immigration also they have the weight of numbers come UK elections so the vote is skewed in that we have an English nationalist government in power in the UK in the form of the Tory party against Wales wishes as Wales never votes that way (ditto Scotland), some might say why does England want a monopoly of Britannia when they already have the occupied territories which is England.
    Israel and England are the same in as much as they are part of only a handful of countries in the World that have a state religion they are backward and medieval having such a thing, in England they even have a monarchy in this day and age and an unelected house of Lords, have you noticed how those that identify strongly as Welsh (or Scots or Irish) are sympathetic to the Palestinians and yet those that identify strongly as English seem to be sympathetic to Israel, although they fought and killed British soldiers and civilians when it was a British mandate out there.
    No, I'm Welsh, so that model doesn't really work.

    And what makes Israel 'backward' because they have a long and ancient history?
    Would you then say the same about the Greeks or the Egyptians?

  8. #388

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    No, I'm Welsh, so that model doesn't really work.

    And what makes Israel 'backward' because they have a long and ancient history?
    Would you then say the same about the Greeks or the Egyptians?
    There should be no place for a state religion in this day and age.

  9. #389

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Gaza or Gateshead ?

  10. #390
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    11,725

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Gaza or Gateshead ?
    image_2021-10-04_153848.jpg

  11. #391

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Yes they all need our help


  12. #392

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    There should be no place for a state religion in this day and age.
    THIS day and age?
    Why, because you have Google and they didn't?

  13. #393

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    THIS day and age?
    Why, because you have Google and they didn't?
    No because of movement of people.

  14. #394

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    No because of movement of people.
    What does air travel (etc) have to do with history, faith and the truth?

  15. #395

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    What does air travel (etc) have to do with history, faith and the truth?
    The Germanic tribes, ancient Egyptians etc did not use air travel.

  16. #396

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    The Germanic tribes, ancient Egyptians etc did not use air travel.
    What a revelation!

    So maybe you'd care to unpack your statement 'movement of people' and explain why it is pertinent?

  17. #397

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    What a revelation!

    So maybe you'd care to unpack your statement 'movement of people' and explain why it is pertinent?
    Not all countries are all the same birds of a feather, there are often people of different religions within a country so having a state religion is not all encompassing.

  18. #398

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Not all countries are all the same birds of a feather, there are often people of different religions within a country so having a state religion is not all encompassing.
    1. Faith (NOT Religion) and who we trust isn't a state matter, and nobody on this thread suggested otherwise. We will be judged as individuals, it will have nothing to do with which country or postcode we were born in.

    2. There has never in history been a state, county or country where everyone had an identical faith.

    3. The promise to the Jews re the Land, was made to the offspring of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Not just to those who shared and practiced the faith of those guys.

    4. The Promise of the scope of the Land didn't say that they would see 100% of the occupants of that land as people who shared their faith or even their bloodline. It was the fact that they would own the land and rule over it having respect for others who also live in that land. Israel is presently doing this (in a much smaller piece of land than God has ultimately given them), with Arabs living in Israel and owning their own businesses.

  19. #399

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    1. Faith (NOT Religion) and who we trust isn't a state matter, and nobody on this thread suggested otherwise. We will be judged as individuals, it will have nothing to do with which country or postcode we were born in.

    2. There has never in history been a state, county or country where everyone had an identical faith.

    3. The promise to the Jews re the Land, was made to the offspring of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Not just to those who shared and practiced the faith of those guys.

    4. The Promise of the scope of the Land didn't say that they would see 100% of the occupants of that land as people who shared their faith or even their bloodline. It was the fact that they would own the land and rule over it having respect for others who also live in that land. Israel is presently doing this (in a much smaller piece of land than God has ultimately given them), with Arabs living in Israel and owning their own businesses.
    well given Abraham supposedly lived so long ago - although the pyramids at Giza were already 500 years old by that point.
    it is statistically said that either everyone alive today is a descendant of him, or nobody is (the most likely reason being he didn't actually exist and was a literary construct).
    that means it is an utterly pointless means to decide that any one group of people should have the land. either everyone owns it or nobody does.

  20. #400
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    11,725

    Re: Palestine Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    1. Faith (NOT Religion) and who we trust isn't a state matter, and nobody on this thread suggested otherwise. We will be judged as individuals, it will have nothing to do with which country or postcode we were born in.

    2. There has never in history been a state, county or country where everyone had an identical faith.

    3. The promise to the Jews re the Land, was made to the offspring of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Not just to those who shared and practiced the faith of those guys.

    4. The Promise of the scope of the Land didn't say that they would see 100% of the occupants of that land as people who shared their faith or even their bloodline. It was the fact that they would own the land and rule over it having respect for others who also live in that land. Israel is presently doing this (in a much smaller piece of land than God has ultimately given them), with Arabs living in Israel and owning their own businesses.
    Many black and 'coloured' people living in apartheid South Africa also owned their own businesses. But hey, if that is your definition of 'respect' in an ethno-religious state that passed the Nation State Law in 2018 I suppose that is your right.

    It is also your right to use the word 'truth' as synonymous with faith. Utter nonsense, but you have every right to build your life and belief system around a series of incoherent, irrational and deeply racist fantasies.

    One Truthpaste on a football message board is not a problem. It is a problem when those same medieval beliefs inform the actions of world governments - including Israel, Iran and Saudi Arabia, but especially the USA.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •