Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
I think I understand very well.

What sort of 'dialogue' do you expect? You will not convert me to supernatural beliefs or to unquestioning and total acceptance of the literal truth of the Old Testament.

You have adopted a world view that is irrational, and leads to systemic state racism and abuse - with your full unqualified support.

And you have the gall to accuse me of hatred? I hate your belief system - which presumably also includes barbaric and inhuman views on sexual orientation, adultery and alternative beliefs to your own? The supposed 'word of God' covers a lot of categories and Bronze Age transgressions. But I don't hate you. Pity maybe.

There have been at least half a dozen other posters who have strong religious beliefs and have contributed to the threads on religion and faith. I disagree with most of them but have no problem discussing the issues, am interested in their views, and sometimes finding some areas of common ground. But fundamentalist evangelicals like you occupy a space beyond debate. You belong in Gilead!
It fills me with despair that these people still. spout their nonsense on this subject, and I don't discriminate on religion; they certainly aren't exclusive to Christianity nor Judaism.

From a more encouraging perspective I believe more and more people are seeing through this indoctrination and adopting Humanist beliefs. I live in hope this will eventually lead to a more peaceful and equitable world.