Re: Palestine Israel

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Mao 60 million
    Stalin 15 -20 million
    Hitler 10 million.

So has atheism.
    Hitler was a Christian and had links to the Catholic Church

you cannot randomly carve up or create countries.Look at Africa, the middle east, Asia, and the former Yugoslavia.
    It will always end in bloodshed

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    As if to abandon my earlier post about not generalising, all the Lebanese people I've met are lovely people.

I also find Iranian people to be very smart and nice.

Obviously I'm not talking about the extreme factions here that exist in any society.

I think it's ok to generalise if you're saying something nice :)
    I enjoyed most of my time with the Lebanese community in Sydney, friendly and welcoming ( i say " most of my time " as when i was first introduced at " get-together's " some of the older generation were ( shall we say ) not welcoming due to me being white / not Lebanese, it was funny as shortly before i had to correct someone in a bar over a remark made about the same girl, she told me " its just the way it is, wait till you meet my lot "

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    you cannot randomly carve up or create countries.Look at Africa, the middle east, Asia, and the former Yugoslavia.
    It will always end in bloodshed
    Countries have always been created by regions being randomly 'carved up'. The red lines weren't there at the outset of mankind and those lines have a history of being moved about, changed, imposed or made to disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Mao 60 million
    Stalin 15 -20 million
    Hitler 10 million.

So has atheism.
    the numbers attributed to Mao presumably are dominated by the great famine, which while awful is difficult to compare with the others.
    it certainly wasn't something they wanted to happen, and those at the top of the communist party weren't even aware it was happening as the subordinates were afraid to report it.
    Lysenko has to carry a lot of the blame.

Feedback

any chance of a back story or is this simply accepting what we read on social media?

could it be that the house originally belonged to the Jewish family but was claimed by the Palestinians in the 1920s and 1930s? Could it be the house was sole legitimately? could it be that the Jewish family paid money for it? Could it be the Palestinian couple were evicted to make way for the Jewish couple?

none of us can be sure based on that photo alone

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    any chance of a back story or is this simply accepting what we read on social media?

could it be that the house originally belonged to the Jewish family but was claimed by the Palestinians in the 1920s and 1930s? Could it be the house was sole legitimately? could it be that the Jewish family paid money for it? Could it be the Palestinian couple were evicted to make way for the Jewish couple?

none of us can be sure based on that photo alone
    you're hilarious

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    you're hilarious
    it's ok to say you have no context and you're forming an opinion with little or no evidence based on a predetermined belief.

it's ok to say you have no context and you're forming an opinion with little or no evidence based on a predetermined belief.
    I have the context, and plenty of evidence of where that picture cones from, you seem very eager to suggest alternative scenarios, which are clearly very unlikely.

it wasn't a recent eviction, but they were kicked out of their home and it was given to settlers.
    a journalist took them back to see their former home.

Feedback

I have the context, and plenty of evidence of where that picture cones from, you seem very eager to suggest alternative scenarios, which are clearly very unlikely.

it wasn't a recent eviction, but they were kicked out of their home and it was given to settlers.
    a journalist took them back to see their former home.
    If that's true then there will be evidence

You seem to misunderstand my point. In this conflict there is so much misinformation being spread on social nedia by both sides.

You appear to be very quick in accepting anything pro Palestinian and/or anti Israeli without any kind of context or evidence.

If that's true then there will be evidence

You seem to misunderstand my point. In this conflict there is so much misinformation being spread on social nedia by both sides.

You appear to be very quick in accepting anything pro Palestinian and/or anti Israeli without any kind of context or evidence.
    Yes there is evidence, I've seen it.

They interviewed the current homeowner about how he feels for the old couple who's home it used to be.

He replied "frankly, I don't feel anything, because living here is very enjoyable"

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Honest question why do posters care about what's happening in countries nowhere near to ours?
    This is a genuine question
    I shudder to think about the confusion in Butler's house when he hears about NASA

At least 219 people, including almost 100 women and children, have been killed in Gaza so far, according to its health ministry.

In Israel 12 people, including two children, have been killed, its medical service says.

The US is a staunch ally of Israel and has so far opposed a joint UN Security Council statement on the conflict.

There has also been unrest within Israel and in the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem, where Palestinians took part in a general strike on Tuesday. There were clashes in several locations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-57168051
    This thread was started less than a week ago but timeline in that link starts on 13th of April 2021. If we're still talking about the oppression and the ugly relationship between the two nations in a months time even though things are likely to have calmed down then we might start to get somewhere.

Feedback

Yes there is evidence, I've seen it.

They interviewed the current homeowner about how he feels for the old couple who's home it used to be.

He replied "frankly, I don't feel anything, because living here is very enjoyable"
    Can we see the evidence?

Can we see the evidence?
    Just for the record, i don't want to see any evidence, so don't speak for me

Can we see the evidence?
    sure, find it yourself

Feedback

sure, find it yourself
    So you don't have any to hand then. That's OK, but its rather contradictory as earlier you intimated their was evidence wherever you looked

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Just for the record, i don't want to see any evidence, so don't speak for me
    I wasn't

So you don't have any to hand then. That's OK, but its rather contradictory as earlier you intimated their was evidence wherever you looked
    i could quite easily find it again, it took me at most 5 minutes before. but you're being such a contrarian arse as usual I really can't be ****ed.
    a journalist had brought this old couple to see the house that they were evicted from years earlier and handed over to settlers.

International

Where's Splott David when you need him?

Or is he alreadyhere?

Feedback

i could quite easily find it again, it took me at most 5 minutes before. but you're being such a contrarian arse as usual I really can't be ****ed.
    a journalist had brought this old couple to see the house that they were evicted from years earlier and handed over to settlers.
    I sense you're frustrated that I don't just accept what you write as fact.

I wasn't
    Using the Royal 'We' Obviously

Social media can produce and spread 'evidence' which is not what it seems - correct, though you haven't shown any evidence to say that's happening here.

The painful and embarrassing eviction of Palestinian families from their homes in the Sheikh Jarrah district of East Jerusalem by Jewish settlers as part of ongoing erosion of Palestine - factual.