+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Palestine Israel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Palestine Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    interesting developments in Israel today, Bibi might be on the way out
    It will be interesting in a number of ways. He is the longest serving Israeli president and embodies modern Israel for a lot of Israelis. However, if he and Likud are ousted from power, I wouldn't expect to see any radical changes in the country.

Lapid's party Yesh Atid is more centrist than Likud but they will have to work in coalition with Naftali Bennett and some other right-wing pro-annexation nationalists with unlikely chances of bringing greater calm to the region. People have been too optimistic too many times.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Wiggy View Post
    It will be interesting in a number of ways. He is the longest serving Israeli president and embodies modern Israel for a lot of Israelis. However, if he and Likud are ousted from power, I wouldn't expect to see any radical changes in the country.

Lapid's party Yesh Atid is more centrist than Likud but they will have to work in coalition with Naftali Bennett and some other right-wing pro-annexation nationalists with unlikely chances of bringing greater calm to the region. People have been too optimistic too many times.
    Just a small point of order Mr Chairman. He is not the President, he's the Prime Minister

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Just a small point of order Mr Chairman. He is not the President, he's the Prime Minister
    I'm sorry, yes, I do know that. Slip of the finger.