+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Palestine Israel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Palestine Israel

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Do Palestinians move between the Gaza Strip and West Bank?
    I don't think it is allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think it is allowed
    That’s weird

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    yet the people of the West Bank aren't oppressed, or facing such an onslaught. Hamas are the problem, and the Gazans continually support them.
    The people of the West Bank aren’t oppressed? Wow!

Why are the Jews always the whipping boys for criticism? If you search on Wikipedia for current civil wars, you will notice that there are dozens of ongoing - very bloody and lengthy- conflicts in our world today. They have thousands of fatalities each year. I don’t see anyone on this board criticising these conflicts or countries involved. You should all leave off the the Jews. My belief is that both sides are to blame. Israel has a right wing repulsive government and prime minister- far away from the marvellous left wind idealists who started the country back in 1948.

The Gazeans live in awful conditions and attack Israel who can’t be blamed for retaliation. It isn’t only Israel’s fault for their conditions- Arabs in general should have left Israel alone after its creation rather than starting war after war.

No way should Israel and the Jews be blamed for everything that goes wrong in this world as fascists have done throughout time. The day of the downtrodden Jew/Israeli has long gone. They are right to defend themselves.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    so what do you think it is about "the Gazans" that means this happens, if not a result of the oppression from Israel?
    Go back to the Palestinian civil war where Hamas took control of Gaza from Fatah.

Whereas Fatah are happy with the peace accord and control the West Bank, acknowledge the state of Israel and receive funding from the US, Russia and the international community, Hamas want to see Israel wiped from the map with an Islamic state in its place

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The people of the West Bank aren’t oppressed? Wow!
    Fatah controls areas A and B (or is it B and C) and have a great deal of autonomy

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    That’s weird
    Thats because Gaza is de facto in rebellion under Hamas and Israel and Egypt have both sealed it off

About 35yrs ago I was talking to a daughter of a well-known local person at the time. She was about 22 and had converted to Judaism. She was with her Jewish friend and they'd just returned from the West Bank where they had recently settled. They had taken over the home of a Palestinian family, as was allowed then, and is now. Effectively ethnic cleansing. They must have spent an hour telling me how run-down and shabby the home was and how they would have to make 'improvements'. The fact that they were evicting a family who probably had to scrape together every penny just to survive and make their home habitable for their children didn't cross their mind. Their sense of right and entitlement was in every comment, and has stuck with me all the years that followed as I've seen the tragedies in Palestine unfold.
    The Jewish lobby throughout the West is all-pervading, and influences every single political decision. The Palestinians are not 100% victims, that is true, but the reality is that Israel, with their fundamentalists pulling the strings to no less a degree as the Arab world, can do - and do do - pretty much what they like.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    About 35yrs ago I was talking to a daughter of a well-known local person at the time. She was about 22 and had converted to Judaism. She was with her Jewish friend and they'd just returned from the West Bank where they had recently settled. They had taken over the home of a Palestinian family, as was allowed then, and is now. Effectively ethnic cleansing. They must have spent an hour telling me how run-down and shabby the home was and how they would have to make 'improvements'. The fact that they were evicting a family who probably had to scrape together every penny just to survive and make their home habitable for their children didn't cross their mind. Their sense of right and entitlement was in every comment, and has stuck with me all the years that followed as I've seen the tragedies in Palestine unfold.
    The Jewish lobby throughout the West is all-pervading, and influences every single political decision. The Palestinians are not 100% victims, that is true, but the reality is that Israel, with their fundamentalists pulling the strings to no less a degree as the Arab world, can do - and do do - pretty much what they like.
    interesting and terrible anecdote about people taking over Palestinian homes.
    although I would be very careful with words like "all pervading" and talking about Jewish influence

Indeed

It is , of course ethnic cleansing

Not on a scale that happened during the balkan war but ethnic cleansing

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I have nothing against the Jewish people at all ( infact I found " Friday night dinner " fairly entertaining ), my reply was in reply to Goats about meeting Israelis and the group i met were horrid people, they must have all finished IDF service and gone travelling and ended up in Sydney, they hated nearly everyone, but as AfricanBluebird points out, we shouldnt think that they are all the same, i was unfortunate to have spent far too many hours in the company of them, as I said I was relieved to have met the Lebanese girl and that gave me a excuse to not speak to them without causing too much offence to my group of mates ( and housemates )
    As if to abandon my earlier post about not generalising, all the Lebanese people I've met are lovely people.

I also find Iranian people to be very smart and nice.

Obviously I'm not talking about the extreme factions here that exist in any society.

I think it's ok to generalise if you're saying something nice :)

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    As if to abandon my earlier post about not generalising, all the Lebanese people I've met are lovely people.

Obviously I'm not talking about the extreme factions here that exist in any society.

I dated an Iranian girl for a while and she was lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

I enjoyed most of my time with the Lebanese community in Sydney, friendly and welcoming ( i say " most of my time " as when i was first introduced at " get-together's " some of the older generation were ( shall we say ) not welcoming due to me being white / not Lebanese, it was funny as shortly before i had to correct someone in a bar over a remark made about the same girl, she told me " its just the way it is, wait till you meet my lot "

When I was in Israel the guy showing me some of the religious sites was basically telling me the same thing... his family have now 'returned home' and occupy a former Palestinians house and then ranted about the Arabs. We argued and he ended up walking off. It was awful. Nearly as bad as the evangelical US Christians next to me who had an impromptu prayer meeting while laying their hands on the temple stones praying for them to collapse, as per the biblical prophecy, so the Christ could return. I interrupted his prayer and asked him to wait until I had left before the temple comes crumbling down.

let's nail this

Its fecking religion

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    let's nail this

Its fecking religion
    Religion has a lot to answer for.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Religion has a lot to answer for.
    Mao 60 million
    Stalin 15 -20 million
    Hitler 10 million.

So has atheism.

Mao 60 million
    Stalin 15 -20 million
    Hitler 10 million.

So has atheism.
    the numbers attributed to Mao presumably are dominated by the great famine, which while awful is difficult to compare with the others.
    it certainly wasn't something they wanted to happen, and those at the top of the communist party weren't even aware it was happening as the subordinates were afraid to report it.
    Lysenko has to carry a lot of the blame.

But why don’t you all criticise other current civil wars, rather than only worrying about what Israel is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    But why don’t you all criticise other current civil wars, rather than only worrying about what Israel is doing?
    people do - they openly criticise China's treatment of the Uighur Muslims and Myanmar's treatment of the Rohingya.
    the difference is our government is also being openly critical of these things, whereas there is very little pressure on Israel from either the UK or USA governments

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Most people do

The assault on the Yemen by UK backed Saudi Arabia is a disgrace

Israeli sympathisers get very defensive

Mao 60 million
    Stalin 15 -20 million
    Hitler 10 million.

So has atheism.
    Hitler was a Christian and had links to the Catholic Church

you cannot randomly carve up or create countries.Look at Africa, the middle east, Asia, and the former Yugoslavia.
    It will always end in bloodshed

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    you cannot randomly carve up or create countries.Look at Africa, the middle east, Asia, and the former Yugoslavia.
    It will always end in bloodshed
    Countries have always been created by regions being randomly 'carved up'. The red lines weren't there at the outset of mankind and those lines have a history of being moved about, changed, imposed or made to disappear.