+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Palestine Israel

Re: Palestine Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    A quick search of Google will show that the only publication relentlessly covering what is happening to the Kurds is the morning star and the only people willing to talk about it are from the left.
    I'll keep an eye out for the same outpouring, banners ,marches as it's been going on for years with many more dead.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Anyways where's the marches and outrage around the many thousands of deaths Turkey has delivered on the Kurds in Northern Iraq many innocents dead . 20k alledgly, not sure if anyone is counting ?

Or do we only raise outrage around certain politically motivated issues.

Media is almost silent as are the far left.
    Crack on with organizing a march mate, you'll have plenty of experience after the marches you organized during the BLM protests because you were so upset that the people who started those protests weren't protesting about everything else that's bad in the world.

Stanmore Bluebird will join you on it, he's got strong opinions about the perceived lack of empathy for conflicts other than Israel/Palestine as well

You could call it the whatabout whatabout march, good on you both, I hope it goes well

Anti-Semitism is horrific and should be called out. That includes Spurs fans claim to support and defend Jewish culture.

There are other atrocities that also deserve attention. I maintain that the history of the Jewish people in Europe - the horrific way they were treated, the historical involvement of the UK in setting up Israel and UK's close allies in America having such such a relationship with Israel makes this feel closer to home than most.

Israel has enemies which have violent intent and if balance of technology and wealth was reversed this thread could easily be more about the oppression of Israel instead, and it's the oppression most of us care about rather than the flags. These enemies should be acknowledged but intent isn't always more important than actions.

Earlier in this thread we thought that people living in Gaza couldn't leave even if they wanted to. Their facilities are being destroyed, so many innocent people are dying just because of where they're born and in a little while when ceasefire is in place and world's attention turns away again the Israeli government will continue to put Palestine under oppressive conditions and seemingly seek to expand it's land mass at the cost of others. That bit matters much more than any distraction tactic.

On a much lighter note, I remember Alf Garnett discussing the thread subject. He claimed the Arabs lived in peace in Palestine until the Jews relocated there in bulk after 1948 when they arrived with their fancy cars, big houses, beautiful clothes, expensive art etc etc. All this he reckoned made the Israeli opposition jealous!!

I don’t mean to disrespect the topic but thought I’d throw this in.

Without wishing to be disparaging, my opinion is that we have displayed much maturity and fairness on this thread whatsoever our individual views. It has been a thoroughly grown-up discussion.

israel have agreed a ceasefire great news indeed

they just need to unload a few tonnes of missiles from the laden F16's safer to launch them rather than handle them on runways i hear

BBC news says that both Israel and Hamas are "declaring victory". The words joke and sick come to mind. Another generation being raised to hate more like.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    BBC news says that both Israel and Hamas are "declaring victory". The words joke and sick come to mind. Another generation being raised to hate more like.
    Ain't that the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Bizarre to issue such statements...

USA has been an Israel "supporter" but there seems to be a demographic shift there, especially for the Democrats. Biden could become less vociferous though I suppose his "every country has a right to defend itself" might be to avoid the USA of being accused of hypocrisy when they bomb somebody. The Republicans might become less supportive of Israel as well as the Bibi/Trump love-in didn't seem to translate into worthwhile extra Jewish votes.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    israel have agreed a ceasefire great news indeed

they just need to unload a few tonnes of missiles from the laden F16's safer to launch them rather than handle them on runways i hear
    250 million pounds worth of tunnels destroyed I guess , wonder how many schools and hospitals that would have built ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    250 million pounds worth of tunnels destroyed I guess , wonder how many schools and hospitals that would have built ?
    why bother building them the Israelis will only flatten them

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    why bother building them the Israelis will only flatten them
    Only if fired at from Gaza , either act is irresponsible as both acts kill .

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    it's ok to say you have no context and you're forming an opinion with little or no evidence based on a predetermined belief.
    Feedback.

Here's the Snopes analysis of the specific story

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pa...ome-israelies/

There is also a clip of the couple .. you can find a translation online.

The only thing not verified is where the Israeli/US couple, who now occupy the house, are from

Latest updates: May 21

- Israel-Hamas ceasefire came into force in Gaza early on Friday

- Israeli police stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque compound and fired tear gas at Palestinians celebrating the ceasefire after Friday prayers

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status...24814258688003
    We all welcome the ceasefire but that usually is the point when the media stops watching. It shouldn't be.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Feedback.

Here's the Snopes analysis of the specific story

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pa...ome-israelies/

There is also a clip of the couple .. you can find a translation online.

The only thing not verified is where the Israeli/US couple, who now occupy the house, are from
    when the article says

"how do you feel living in a house built on the wreckage of his house?"

this would indicate the Jewish couple are not living in the house of the Palestinians, but in a newly built house that is on the same site as the Palestinians' former house. Do we know why the Palestinian's house was demolished? The article does not say, and we both know its not a good idea to speculate in matters such as this.

when the article says

this would indicate the Jewish couple are not living in the house of the Palestinians, but in a newly built house that is on the same site as the Palestinians' former house. Do we know why the Palestinian's house was demolished? The article does not say, and we both know its not a good idea to speculate in matters such as this.
    I will speculate for you

The Israeli government and a sizeable proportion of the citizens it governs are arrogant bullies who continue to encroach on Arab land

And one eyed religious fanatics who don't care as they are backed up by the huge Jewish lobby in the states

Thats about it really

I remember the Jewish society in college had a stall during freshers week and they were handing out leaflets about the mistreatment of Russian Jews. Let's just say some of the Palestinian support group were told they were not welcome when the Jewish societies double standards were pointed out .

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I will speculate for you

The Israeli government and a sizeable proportion of the citizens it governs are arrogant bullies who continue to encroach on Arab land

And one eyed religious fanatics who don't care as they are backed up by the huge Jewish lobby in the states

Thats about it really

I remember the Jewish society in college had a stall during freshers week and they were handing out leaflets about the mistreatment of Russian Jews. Let's just say some of the Palestinian support group were told they were not welcome when the Jewish societies double standards were pointed out .
    I'm not sure how your anecdote is relevant to the current conflict but there you go

when the article says

Feedback.

I like your posts. And you, like me, are one of the oldest serving members of this board.

But I think you are in denial as to the Israeli policy of settlements which is done at the expense of Palestinians.

I'm not sure how your anecdote is relevant to the current conflict but there you go
    The anecdotes are that the Israeli government and its citizens are , on the whole , bullies

As are those who vociferously support Israeli policy in the middle East

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Feedback.

I like your posts. And you, like me, are one of the oldest serving members of this board.

But I think you are in denial as to the Israeli policy of settlements which is done at the expense of Palestinians.
    No I'm not in denial. I'm well aware that Israel encroaches on area C (or it it area A) in the West Bank and they build settlements - this is pretty much common knowledge.

I was asking about this one particular case in point. Just because I wanted background and context on this one example doesn't mean I'm oblivious to the wider issue.

Feedback

The anecdotes are that the Israeli government and its citizens are , on the whole , bullies

As are those who vociferously support Israeli policy in the middle East
    How do you think the Israelis should behave when a fair proportion of its neighbours want to see it destroyed, so much so they have joined forces to attack it twice in living memory ?

How do you think the Israelis should behave when a fair proportion of its neighbours want to see it destroyed, so much so they have joined forces to attack it twice in living memory ?
    Get better defences

If you are living in someone's house and they want you out , which is understandable , you make the walls thicker

Feedback

Get better defences

If you are living in someone's house and they want you out , which is understandable , you make the walls thicker
    What about the tunnels, the kidnappings, the rockets? How does Israel defend against those?

What about the tunnels, the kidnappings, the rockets? How does Israel defend against those?
    if Britain had responded to northern Ireland terrorism with air strikes, killing hundreds of children there would not be peace in northern Ireland today.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if Britain had responded to northern Ireland terrorism with air strikes, killing hundreds of children there would not be peace in northern Ireland today.
    Thats because the British would be firing on British citizens if they did that.