+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Palestine Israel

Re: Palestine Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Okay.

'Muslim basher'

How's that for erudite?
    He'll like that, it's what he wants, a reaction, and it doesn't matter how he gets it, you could call him a **** on the hour, every hour, and he'd like it. He's like a shit shock jock from the 90's, at first you get roped in, by the end of it you're switching off and dismissing the actual point of it, if ever there was one. I just find him funny.

Feedback

Okay.

'Muslim basher'

How's that for erudite?
    considering I've done my bit elsewhere to raise awareness of the plight of the Rohingya and Uyghars, whilst euridte, you're a little wide of the mark.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He'll like that, it's what he wants, a reaction, and it doesn't matter how he gets it, you could call him a **** on the hour, every hour, and he'd like it. He's like a shit shock jock from the 90's, at first you get roped in, by the end of it you're switching off and dismissing the actual point of it, if ever there was one. I just find him funny.
    How do you know what I want? Not even i know what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    How do you know what I want? Not even i know what I want.
    Piss off, you're on a wind up most of the time, just after a reaction, you must mildly enjoy it or something I don't even believe that you agree with half of what you post sometimes, you're on one

What are you doing to stop these things? This is like a guy who has never been to a game criticising someone who goes to 3 a year for not being a season ticket holder.
    Its very sad what happens all over the globe ,children families die in countless soulless places , not just on one region I find it interesting how people react to that.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its very sad what happens all over the globe ,children families die in countless soulless places , not just on one region I find it interesting how people react to that.
    Nah, you're saying that people are picking on Israel, because you probably support the regime. Just say so if you do as you're not the best at hiding these things anyway.

Feedback

Piss off, you're on a wind up most of the time, just after a reaction, you must mildly enjoy it or something I don't even believe that you agree with half of what you post sometimes, you're on one
    bold of you to assume that I'm serious some of the time

bold of you to assume that I'm serious some of the time

Nah, you're saying that people are picking on Israel, because you probably support the regime. Just say so if you do as you're not the best at hiding these things anyway.
    Got no time for any killing machine its just the selective dislike of certain rogue states and deaths, that I find fascinating.

considering I've done my bit elsewhere to raise awareness of the plight of the Rohingya and Uyghars, whilst euridte, you're a little wide of the mark.
    What did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Got no time for any killing machine its just the selective dislike of certain rogue states and deaths, that I find fascinating.
    Almost as fascinating as your selective criticism of protests. When the BLM protests were happening you were very upset about the other issues people were neglecting to protest about, including for some bizarre reason Lee Rigby who'd died 7 years earlier and who's killer had been long dealt with by the legal system.

Now seeing these protests you're upset again about the lack of protests about other horrors in the world, despite never actually protesting yourself, or I suspect, never standing up for a single cause in your life. Classic sideline sniper.

Feedback

What did you do?
    raise awareness

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Almost as fascinating as your selective criticism of protests. When the BLM protests were happening you were very upset about the other issues people were neglecting to protest about, including for some bizarre reason Lee Rigby who'd died 7 years earlier and who's killer had been long dealt with by the legal system.

Now seeing these protests you're upset again about the lack of protests about other horrors in the world, despite never actually protesting yourself, or I suspect, never standing up for a single cause in your life. Classic sideline sniper.
    Is that what you really have taken from LOMs comments? Rather than taking there being many injustices in the world equally worthy of our support, for some bizarre inexplicable reason, its only the Jews v Arabs conflict that gets the air time.

raise awareness
    Ice bucket challenge?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Ice bucket challenge?
    yes, this is absolutely correct.

Is that what you really have taken from LOMs comments? Rather than taking there being many injustices in the world equally worthy of our support, for some bizarre inexplicable reason, its only the Jews v Arabs conflict that gets the air time.
    Yes absolutely that's what I took because he has form for this selective whataboutism

Feedback

Yes absolutely that's what I took because he has form for this selective whataboutism
    that old chestnut, whataboutism. This is a device that is used time and again when an individual has been asked to draw parallels but instead takes a defensive stance thus avoiding showing their argument to be full of holes.

LOM makes a valid point in that we don't see mass apoplexy when there are other human catastrophe stories in the news. The common denominator is the Jews. Its pretty clear cut and you'd have to be a special kind of stupid to not see it.

raise awareness
    Not very well obviously, because I wasn't aware you had done that.

that old chestnut, whataboutism. This is a device that is used time and again when an individual has been asked to draw parallels but instead takes a defensive stance thus avoiding showing their argument to be full of holes.

LOM makes a valid point in that we don't see mass apoplexy when there are other human catastrophe stories in the news. The common denominator is the Jews. Its pretty clear cut and you'd have to be a special kind of stupid to not see it.
    Just like the old chestnut of calling everybody racist/prejudiced when you disagree with them.

I think you fundamentally misunderstand the need for this interaction we're having. I know what he's doing because he's done it before at very specific times, and I don't care about your opinion about that. Please feel free to move on.

Yes I often reminisce about when we were all celebrating the caliphate gaining territory, on reflection we should have been more critical of the beheadings and of course we would have been if they had been Jewish... Really???

The reason we have these discussions about Israel and not other conflicts is because it's layered and complicated, lots of the things LOM highlights in his rants are cut and dry, they don't naturally provoke discussion. I didn't think this needed pointing out but there we go.

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status...101104128?s=19

here's a video clip of a Palestinian girl being shot in the back with a sponge tipped bullet by Israeli police. apparently they were instructed to go back into their house, which they all did, then as they were just through the door they shot the little girl in the back and then threw a stun grenade as her dad desperately tried to protect her.

to be able to shoot a little girl in the back must mean that they are completely dehumanised to you. I'm sure the police officer (s) that did it are completely unremarkable and if you or I had grown up in their shoes we would probably feel the same as they do about Israel and Palestinians.
    how do you go about undoing that kind of deep rooted dehumanisation that has been grown over a lifetime - on both sides.

Feedback

Not very well obviously, because I wasn't aware you had done that.
    one doesn't blow ones own trumpet

Feedback

Just like the old chestnut of calling everybody racist/prejudiced when you disagree with them.
    have I done such a thing?

Feedback

I think you fundamentally misunderstand the need for this interaction we're having. I know what he's doing because he's done it before at very specific times, and I don't care about your opinion about that. Please feel free to move on.
    You have a need for an interaction with a poster on a football message board?

Is everything alright at home?