+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leicester City management compared to City and Vincent Tan

Re: Leicester City management compared to City and Vincent Tan

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Ridsdale is a bit unfairly judged by many in my opinion.

he was always s bit of a figure of fun but I think he did an excellent job here.

he was never the owner, only a chairman, and had to deal with Sam Hammam for all of his time here.
    he managed the club through some tricky periods with regards to debt / HMRC etc. Got the stadium built from the starting point of a Sam Hammam crayon drawing and found foreign investment to secure the long term future of the club (it should have done more than that)
    he's a bit of an unsung hero in some ways
    I was a touch unfair regarding Ridsdale he did very well in a lot of things here.. He seemed a decent fella to.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The only thing these guys have in common is that they're both from the far east. Vincent Tan doesn't love Cardiff City. He doesn't respect Wales, Cardiff, or its people. He doesn't understand what a football club is or what it means. He's just rich. And he hasn't/doesn't even use his wealth wisely. He's a ****ing clown.
    This post just proves what I had thought all along. You sit hiding behind your keyboard on the other side of the Atlantic, thinking you are important, entitled to say what you like and the font of all knowledge about Cardiff City. Actually you are just a foul mouthed, insignificant, nobody who is probably not even a fan of the club. You are not the only one on this board unfortunately who does this but luckily the actual twenty odd thousand real fans who don't post on this board do appreciate what Tan, Dalman and Choo have done for the club and are very grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I was a touch unfair regarding Ridsdale he did very well in a lot of things here.. He seemed a decent fella to.
    come back Peter, all is forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im sure those short changed by Leicester will be delighted with their success.

Did they even get a points deduction when they pulled the admin card.?
    They didn’t and got away with it, but points deduction was soon brought in to avoid any Club doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Seems to me that several posters have short and selective memories - not to mention their agendas.

How could we have forgotten this memorable example of Vincent becoming a veritable pillar of the local community -

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-wales-5138743
    Usually the ones who are vocal against Tan are the ones who were in bed with a previous owner and were very quiet when he was doing us over.. Tan isn't the best we could have but he's far from the worse

come back Peter, all is forgiven

KUALA LUMPUR: Berjaya Corporation Bhd founder and executive chairman Tan Sri Vincent Tan has announced that he will give half of his wealth to charity when he is no longer around, whilst appealing to more wealthy Malaysians who have passed 70 years old to do the same.

The billionaire said doing so would help the underprivileged to own affordable homes as housing is a basic need of human beings and essential for a person's sense of dignity, safety, and inclusion.

I'm really proud that we have an owner that thinks like this. Do I like the decisions that have been made since our last promotion? No. But feck me it's only football at the end of the day and the stuff quoted is far more important.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This post just proves what I had thought all along. You sit hiding behind your keyboard on the other side of the Atlantic, thinking you are important, entitled to say what you like and the font of all knowledge about Cardiff City. Actually you are just a foul mouthed, insignificant, nobody who is probably not even a fan of the club. You are not the only one on this board unfortunately who does this but luckily the actual twenty odd thousand real fans who don't post on this board do appreciate what Tan, Dalman and Choo have done for the club and are very grateful.
    Post of the week contender

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It proves nothing. It's not even anything I haven't said before. And as I'm anonymous, (which you are too by the way) how can you have any knowledge of whether I'm an insignificant nobody? Or whether I support Cardiff City? Do you think you have any significance in my life? Do you think I hold you or anything you post on here in high esteem?

I AM a fan of the club. And I AM entitled to say what I like. As is everyone who cares to post here.

Don't you at least think that Tan has wasted a lot of money?

The title of this thread is "Leicester City management compared to City and Vincent Tan". I gave an honest opinion. So what have you got?

Ridsdale is a bit unfairly judged by many in my opinion.

he was always s bit of a figure of fun but I think he did an excellent job here.

he was never the owner, only a chairman, and had to deal with Sam Hammam for all of his time here.
    he managed the club through some tricky periods with regards to debt / HMRC etc. Got the stadium built from the starting point of a Sam Hammam crayon drawing and found foreign investment to secure the long term future of the club (it should have done more than that)
    he's a bit of an unsung hero in some ways
    100% with you on that.
    The mess that Ridsdale walked into here was not of his own doing.
    You have say that he got the job done and kept us afloat and kept the wolf from the door whilst being able to still be competitive on the pitch.
    Fronted the stadium development stadium and delivered it when the council couldn’t deal with Hammam anymore.

Yea he probably got paid handsomely but he left us in a better position than he found us.

Tony clemo always gets a bad review of his running of the club but we never went into administration or liquidation not like those down west and I am proud of that.
    We were averaging less than 3000 and the Welsh media hated us and very few people would sponsor football it mostly went to the egg.
    Cardiff City survived but Tony's business went bust.
    I probably didn't say it back then but thank you Tony.

Great point about us not going into administration.
    Too many have done it, taken the easy way out and then prospered.

Given the number of clubs that have gone into administration and the widely publicised financial woes that we’ve endured it’s amazing really how we haven’t succumbed to it. No doubt we’ve sailed close to the wind on many occasion but I s’pose some credit is due to all concerned at the top for avoiding administration or, even worse, liquidation.