+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CHAMPIONSHIP play-offs. Who is your money going on ?

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP play-offs. Who is your money going on ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Might be a step to far for Barnsley, but you never know, as there is always a dark horse.

Don't know how Bournemouth got in there with the manager they got, but they seem to be the form team

If Brentford fail again, will they sell their stars as they did last season

Forgot who the other team are
    Of the four the team that I would least like to play against next season would be Brentford.

Brentford score - 3-1

3 - 1

10 mins to go

Bournemouth have to attack now. They have been holding on for ages

Love it when the time wasters are suddenly desperate to play fast

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    What the hell was Mepham doing?
    Seems to have absolutely no awareness of what's around him. Exactly the same for the pen he gave away against Belgium. I hope he's nowhere near the starting XI in the Euros.

FT Brenford in the final.

FT 3 - 1

Brentford going to Wembley.

Great result for Brentford but I can see them losing at Wembley again

I reckon Bournemouth can forget about the Premier League for a very long time if they do don’t go up next season.

Don’t mind who wins a Brentford v Barnsley final, but if it’s the jacks, then I’m a Bees fan!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I reckon Bournemouth can forget about the Premier League for a very long time if they do don’t go up next season.

Don’t mind who wins a Brentford v Barnsley final, but if it’s the jacks, then I’m a Bees fan!
    I watched it up until just before 14:00 and thought that Bournemouth could have won right up until Mepham's cheating. I'm not a fan of Mepham when he plays for Wales let alone against us or anyone else. He's an accident waiting to happen from a strategic point of view and if there's a 50:50 decision you can pretty much guarantee he'll make the wrong one.

Should there be a change in the rules where the referee has the discretion to award a penalty in situations like that? How would we feel if it happened against us and the opposition went on to win? It's one of those that taking one for the team (as I've said - cheating) when an attacking player is through one-on-one seems unfair. I know there's no guarantee that the attacking player would score but that goes for a penalty too. We've had this rule in football for (?) but the game and players have changed, that's without throwing money and betting into the mix. There's a rule which states that if a foul is initiated outside the box, and then continues inside the box (i.e. initial contact is made just outside the box and contact continues into it) a penalty can be awarded. So it's not such a crazy idea.

Of course, this could be a rubbish idea and I may be wrong about the current rules. It would be interesting to hear yours and anyone else's thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I watched it up until just before 14:00 and thought that Bournemouth could have won right up until Mepham's cheating. I'm not a fan of Mepham when he plays for Wales let alone against us or anyone else. He's an accident waiting to happen from a strategic point of view and if there's a 50:50 decision you can pretty much guarantee he'll make the wrong one.

Should there be a change in the rules where the referee has the discretion to award a penalty in situations like that? How would we feel if it happened against us and the opposition went on to win? It's one of those that taking one for the team (as I've said - cheating) when an attacking player is through one-on-one seems unfair. I know there's no guarantee that the attacking player would score but that goes for a penalty too. We've had this rule in football for (?) but the game and players have changed, that's without throwing money and betting into the mix. There's a rule which states that if a foul is initiated outside the box, and then continues inside the box (i.e. initial contact is made just outside the box and contact continues into it) a penalty can be awarded. So it's not such a crazy idea.

Of course, this could be a rubbish idea and I may be wrong about the current rules. It would be interesting to hear yours and anyone else's thoughts.
    Gabor Gyepes was hailed as a hero for doing what Mepham did today in that game with Leicester from 2010 I think it was, the difference being that we won and Gyepes’ foul probably saved an equalising goal whereas Mepham will be remembered by many Bournemouth fans as the man who cost them a place in the PlayOff Final. I like Mepham, but he’s had a poor season and looks to me like a footballing defender who has lost his confidence - Lawrence did well against the Czech Republic and, if Wales decide to go with Ben Davies as one of their back three, I can see Mepham missing out.

As for giving a penalty for the sort of foul Mepham committed? Why not, maybe the thought of being doubly punished would make players think again before doing it.

Barnsley have no composure at all. Make us look like a passing side

1-0 Swansea, fantastic strike from Grimes

Game over. Barnsley are useless

This must be the fifth or sixth time I’ve watched a Barnsley match this season and I’ve still not seen anything to suggest how they finished as high up the table as they did.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This must be the fifth or sixth time I’ve watched a Barnsley match this season and I’ve still not seen anything to suggest how they finished as high up the table as they did.
    They did so because, on the whole, the standard of the division this season was genuinely awful.

Jacks are going up and they more than deserve it.
    We just need to get used to it. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Nah Brentford will beat them

Can't believe how poor Barnsley have been, considering where they finished.
    Still think Brentford will beat Swansea. They're different class.

Boom

1 - 1

Come on you Reds

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    We'll have less of that talk on here thank you!

Mike, gotta be strike one shirley
    (or at least force a name change)

Does away goals count in the play offs? Sky haven't mentioned.

I hope your right, but I am fearing the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Does away goals count in the play offs? Sky haven't mentioned.
    No.

Well come on you super bees