+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The geography of mask wearing.

The geography of mask wearing.

I read something on here a few days back about how there weren’t many people in the crowd at one of the Play Off matches wearing masks with an implication that this had something to with the fact that the match was being played oop north.
    Well, I’ve been flicking back and forth this afternoon between the football games and the cricket at the Oval and have been struck by how few people have been wearing masks at the latter - in fact, I’ve only seen two people in a crowd of about a thousand wearing one all day.
    Does where you come from really have an influence on how likely you are to wear a mask? My guess is that people who are not keen on wearing masks (me for example) saw others going without one at both venues and decided to do the same.

Re: The geography of mask wearing.

People who are willing to attend live sport at this time must generally feel comfortable with not wearing a mask when in the open air.
    I don't think it is a geographical thing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    People who are willing to attend live sport at this time must generally feel comfortable with not wearing a mask when in the open air.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yeah I didn’t think you had to wear a mask outdoors? Think there has only been 10 positives cases after all these test runs of events outdoors last few weeks....that’s with no masks at all.

Asians have been wearing masks when they have a cold for decades so as not to infect others

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Asians have been wearing masks when they have a cold for decades so as not to infect others
    Asians fears and mask wearing , are also around past issues from Sars to pollution

Personally I wouldn't wear a mask if I was outside and had a metre or 2 between myself and others. It seems utterly pointless. As soon as I was inside or enclosed I'd definitely be masking up