+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hodgson to leave Crystal Palace

Hodgson to leave Crystal Palace

Very good technically and a lovely guy to boot, but wants to step away from the daily rigours of management.

Would make an interesting appointment as a Sporting or Technical Director somewhere.

Re: Hodgson to leave Crystal Palace

Lampard is favourite to take over.
    also seen Eddie Howe mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Eddie Howe would be a great appointment

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Eddie Howe would be a great appointment
    Celtic think they've got him though. both potentially poisoned chalices though

Watched the breakdown of their squad on Sky

Loads over 30 and out of contract

I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Watched the breakdown of their squad on Sky

Loads over 30 and out of contract

I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole
    I would given the salary is probably best least 3 million a year or something.

but yeah there is a good chance whoever goes there won't be doing their reputation much good

First Team

Hardly surprising given his age and that Palace are at a bit of a crossroads in respect of both their squad and ambitions.

Never quite bought into the cuddly Roy image as you can’t have been as successful as him in the football management business and not have a bit of a ruthless streak in you.

However, hope he is good to his word and enjoys a lengthy and healthy retirement .

If Frank lampard gets the job, then it seems obvious that white players who are the media darlings, get preferential treatment. He's done **** all, there's nothing to say that he should be a premier League manager. If he was black, he'd struggle to get a league 1 job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If Frank lampard gets the job, then it seems obvious that white players who are the media darlings, get preferential treatment. He's done **** all, there's nothing to say that he should be a premier League manager. If he was black, he'd struggle to get a league 1 job.
    Have you forgotten that he took Derby to the final of the Championship play-offs in his first season as a manager?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Have you forgotten that he took Derby to the final of the Championship play-offs in his first season as a manager?
    And for that reason alone, he deserves another crack at the Premier League? (If he gets the job) He'll get another top end job, no doubt about it. He's good for at least five failures, before he starts becoming an assistant manager.

He's done **** all - incorrect, Mason Mount has clearly grown into a very fine player with majority of his first team football coming under Frank Lampard
    There's nothing to say he should be a premier league manager - probably correct.

He deserves another crack at Championship football though based on play-off final run which included beating Bielsa over two legs.

I don't disagree with the point you're making, something is not going as it should be, but dislike when specific individuals are used to make the argument which I feel distracts from the point.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He's done **** all - incorrect, Mason Mount has clearly grown into a very fine player with majority of his first team football coming under Frank Lampard
    There's nothing to say he should be a premier league manager - probably correct.

He deserves another crack at Championship football though based on play-off final run which included beating Bielsa over two legs.

I don't disagree with the point you're making, something is not going as it should be, but dislike when specific individuals are used to make the argument which I feel distracts from the point.
    I'd have no problems having Lampard as our manager.

Woy has done a great job at Palace.

And for that reason alone, he deserves another crack at the Premier League? (If he gets the job) He'll get another top end job, no doubt about it. He's good for at least five failures, before he starts becoming an assistant manager.
    The idea that a manager with Lampard's record would struggle to get job in League One is laughable. He could manage pretty much any club in the Championship next season if he wanted to.

With the amount of players Chelsea have, plenty would follow Lampard and that makes him attractive for a lot of clubs our level.

The Chelsea job he left only a few months ago are on the verge of 3rd position and 2 cup finals.

The idea that a manager with Lampard's record would struggle to get job in League One is laughable. He could manage pretty much any club in the Championship next season if he wanted to.
    Keep laughing, because i didn't say that Frank wouldn't get a job in League 1. Try and understand the point i'm making.

would you take ole or Frank?

Which Black managers would you say deserve a shot on merit at the Palace job?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

I do dislike Lampard, but that isn't my point, although you know that, as you have alluded to. Why aren't black footballers progressing into management rolls? Look at Sol Campbell (i don't like him either) an absolute world class defender, decorated and up there with the likes of gerrard and Lampard, and Terry, who will no doubt get a good management goob sometime soon. He has completed his badges, yet had to go to Macclesfield, a club that hadn't paid it's players wages, were bottom of League 2.

Even Joey Barton got a half decent gig, this after he had spent time in prison for violence, stubbed a cigar put in a young players eye, amongst other things. I have nothing against Barton, good luck to him, although would you say that an ex black footballer would get the opportunity to manage a football club if he had the same charge sheet Barton Has? Imagine Raheem sterling with that amount of previous, and tell me that he'd get a managers gig and a slot on talk radio? Not a chance, the media and majority of football fans would crucify him.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Which Black managers would you say deserve a shot on merit at the Palace job?
    There aren't any, are there, that's the point i'm making.

would you take ole or Frank?
    I'd have Lampard here and I might even take Solskjaer back if he brought Carrick and Phelan with him.

I'd have Lampard here and I may even take Solskjaer back if he brought Carrick and Phelan with him.
    Can you let Ole know when you've made your mind up on his future

Can you let Ole know when you've made your mind up on his future
    Try to understand the point I was making.

Try to understand the point I was making.
    That you might have Ole back (not quite sure yet) under certain conditions C'mon, i'm only having a laugh

There aren't any, are there, that's the point i'm making.
    With the Black lives matter movement, and the attention paid to it by Sky, it will be interesting to see how many are now given a chance.