+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blackpool

Blackpool

See they are owned by Simon Saddller mow.
    What happened to the Oyston family? I kinda lost track with all the nonsense that went on there.
    What a complete implosion from that sunny day they beat us in the play off final.

Re: Blackpool

I recall several big court cases and the Oyston's were eventually ousted and Blackpool placed in administration. Were then bought by this local businessman. As far as I know everything is hunky dory now.

I often wonder what might have been for our club had we gone up that day.
    I think we would have stayed up for a while and I really don’t think the rebrand would have happened either.

Blackpool on the other had almost stayed up and then reached another play off final.
    That was when they fell out with the Oystons.

Oyston senior was in prison I think

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    I often wonder what might have been for our club had we gone up that day.
    I think we would have stayed up for a while and I really don’t think the rebrand would have happened either.

Blackpool on the other had almost stayed up and then reached another play off final.
    That was when they fell out with the Oystons.
    I’ve always thought the same. Don’t think the rebrand would have happened either.
    In all my yrs supporting the mighty Bluebirds, that was my biggest disappointment that day.
    Me and a few mates i went with , just found a quiet backstreet pub and got pissed in silence.

I don’t think a single word was spoken by anyone on the mini bus back - No piss stops either.
    Stark contrast from the party we had in the way up.

Their manager is an ex-Liverpool youth coach who has taken Blackpool from lower midtable earlier on in the season right into the play-offs as they picked up on his ideas. He's probably going to be a Championship manager with or without them quite soon.

Hell of a game 6-3 on aggregate now, feisty with it. More goals in it