+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trust Chair Meets Top Cardiff City Executives.

Trust Chair Meets Top Cardiff City Executives.

This message was just sent out to Trust members.

"Trust chair Keith Morgan held a lengthy and positive meeting recently with Cardiff City’s chief executive, Ken Choo and finance director, Philip Jenkins.

The meeting covered a range of issues including the Fan Engagement Index, which recently rated Cardiff City 81st out of the 91 clubs in season 2019-20. The Trust questions the rating given to the club in the index in terms of fan engagement as being unfairly low and we are aware that officials are working on other areas of concern, such as transparency.

We’re pleased to report that the club has already discussed at board level a tribute to the late great Peter Whittingham and an announcement on this will be made closer to the time when the ground opens to fans.

Among other items discussed was the future season ticket process for the 2021-22 season. We were made aware in terms of timescale and pricing nothing can yet be finalised but the Trust will have a leading role as and when ticket allocations for a return to live games can be discussed.

In addition, Keith Morgan discussed a possible Cardiff City mural in the bay by the artist, Yusuf Ismail. The club made it clear it was keen to reach out to the BAME community that lives close to the stadium.

The Trust also has plans to set up a fans’ food bank at the Trust office, once supporters are allowed back into the Cardiff City Stadium.

We’re pleased that the club is working with us for fans and we’ll keep members informed about updates on the above issues and any others that crop up."

Re: Trust Chair Meets Top Cardiff City Executives.

Good news

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This message was just sent out to Trust members.

"Trust chair Keith Morgan held a lengthy and positive meeting recently with Cardiff City’s chief executive, Ken Choo and finance director, Philip Jenkins.

The meeting covered a range of issues including the Fan Engagement Index, which recently rated Cardiff City 81st out of the 91 clubs in season 2019-20. The Trust questions the rating given to the club in the index in terms of fan engagement as being unfairly low and we are aware that officials are working on other areas of concern, such as transparency.

We’re pleased to report that the club has already discussed at board level a tribute to the late great Peter Whittingham and an announcement on this will be made closer to the time when the ground opens to fans.

Among other items discussed was the future season ticket process for the 2021-22 season. We were made aware in terms of timescale and pricing nothing can yet be finalised but the Trust will have a leading role as and when ticket allocations for a return to live games can be discussed.

In addition, Keith Morgan discussed a possible Cardiff City mural in the bay by the artist, Yusuf Ismail. The club made it clear it was keen to reach out to the BAME community that lives close to the stadium.

The Trust also has plans to set up a fans’ food bank at the Trust office, once supporters are allowed back into the Cardiff City Stadium.

We’re pleased that the club is working with us for fans and we’ll keep members informed about updates on the above issues and any others that crop up."
    Pleased to see this, but I do wish the Trust would let members know about these meetings ahead of time so that people can forward questions for discussion. This failure to communicate happens a lot and is unfair to members.

Regarding the food bank, great idea but the Trust office is not the ideal place to do it. Volunteers need easy access to a sink with hot and cold running water as a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Pleased to see this, but I do wish the Trust would let members know about these meetings ahead of time so that people can forward questions for discussion. This failure to communicate happens a lot and is unfair to members.

Regarding the food bank, great idea but the Trust office is not the ideal place to do it. Volunteers need easy access to a sink with hot and cold running water as a minimum.
    Fair point. As for not getting the chance to ask questions, there have been times when the Trust has only been made aware of meetings similar to this one at very short notice, maybe the same thing happened again?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fair point. As for not getting the chance to ask questions, there have been times when the Trust has only been made aware of meetings similar to this one at very short notice, maybe the same thing happened again?

And again, and again and again !!

It’s getting to the time of year that the annual accounts are filed. I hope that, in the spirit of fan engagement that we appear to figure so lowly in, the club have allowed Keith Morgan advance sight of the accounts to that we can get his commentary on the figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    It’s getting to the time of year that the annual accounts are filed. I hope that, in the spirit of fan engagement that we appear to figure so lowly in, the club have allowed Keith Morgan advance sight of the accounts to that we can get his commentary on the figures.
    Just checked Companies House and they are still not filed, so presumably the transfer embargo is still in place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Just checked Companies House and they are still not filed, so presumably the transfer embargo is still in place.
    The accounts have been lodged with the EFL at the end of last month so the transfer embargo was lifted then - they didn`t have to be on Companies House file to get embargo lifted.

John , in this case it was not possible to ask members for questions they wanted put to Ken Choo as my meeting was originally just with the club`s FD Philip Jenkins to discuss my commentary on the club`s audited accounts for the year to 31 May 2020. Ken was at the stadium when we were meeting and joined us towards its end which gave me the opportunity to discuss the other matters i have reported back on in the members` email and copied in on this board.

Good point re the foodbank. I should have added that we will of course have to comply with food hygiene and Covid restriction requirements - we will be liaising with Wayne Nash as stadium manager to make sure this is done properly.

Keith

[/B]
    And again, and again and again !!
    John , I tried replying to this earlier, but my response somehow got lost in the system. Apologies if it comes through later and you end up with two replies.

There was no opportunity to ask for member questions for this meeting as it was originally a meeting between myself and the club`s FD Philip to discuss my commentary on the club`s audited accounts for the year ended 31 May 2020 which will be filed at Companies House very shortly. Ken was at the stadium so joined in the meeting towards the end which gave me the chance to discuss with him the other matters which I reported back to members on , as copied on this message board.

Good point re the foodbank. I should have added that we will be liaising with Wayne Nash as stadium manager to make sure we are fully compliant in terms of health and safety and Covid requirements.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    John , in this case it was not possible to ask members for questions they wanted put to Ken Choo as my meeting was originally just with the club`s FD Philip Jenkins to discuss my commentary on the club`s audited accounts for the year to 31 May 2020. Ken was at the stadium when we were meeting and joined us towards its end which gave me the opportunity to discuss the other matters i have reported back on in the members` email and copied in on this board.

Good point re the foodbank. I should have added that we will of course have to comply with food hygiene and Covid restriction requirements - we will be liaising with Wayne Nash as stadium manager to make sure this is done properly.

Keith
    Keith
    Has the club ever explained why it is is reluctant to agree to set quarterly or four monthly meetings with supporter groups to be attended by the key personnel? I could understand their reluctance if every meeting was principally conflict but with goodwill and a real intent to communicate on both sides that should not be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Keith
    Has the club ever explained why it is is reluctant to agree to set quarterly or four monthly meetings with supporter groups to be attended by the key personnel? I could understand their reluctance if every meeting was principally conflict but with goodwill and a real intent to communicate on both sides that should not be the case.
    I explained to them last week that it looks bad that the club had such a low score in the fans engagement survey and that meetings need to be regular with a proper agenda and minutes issued after them with action points. This was taken onboard but i can only speak for myself in saying that this will be followed up on behalf of the fanbase.

The next issue requiring big fan input will be the allocation of tickets when fans are allowed back in the ground and it has already been stated by Ken that this will be a fan based decision rather than a club one.

Keith

I explained to them last week that it looks bad that the club had such a low score in the fans engagement survey and that meetings need to be regular with a proper agenda and minutes issued after them with action points. This was taken onboard but i can only speak for myself in saying that this will be followed up on behalf of the fanbase.

The next issue requiring big fan input will be the allocation of tickets when fans are allowed back in the ground and it has already been stated by Ken that this will be a fan based decision rather than a club one.

Keith
    Keith

I assume the allocation of tickets issue is one where the number of season tickets sold possibly exceeds the limited stadium capacity allowable under Welsh Govt arrangements until such time as social distancing in stadia has been abandoned. Is that correct?

If so, will the Supporters Club be involved in the discussions?

If it is it sounds like the sort of thorny problem that may have a solution that will inevitably leave some fans feeling hard done by.

The next issue requiring big fan input will be the allocation of tickets when fans are allowed back in the ground and it has already been stated by Ken thatn this will be a fan based decision rather thaa club one.

Keith
    Keith,
    I'll e mail you a note regarding your earlier comments to me. Re above....a real opportunity for the Trust to get members views and ideas ahead of a meeting with the Club

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Another golden example of someone jumping to conclusions in an attempt to make the club look bad but getting it wrong.

Keith,
    I'll e mail you a note regarding your earlier comments to me. Re above....a real opportunity for the Trust to get members views and ideas ahead of a meeting with the Club
    John. You will need my current email details which of course i cannot give out here. If you email the Trust email with your email details I will get back to you and can either email or (preferably) phone you to have that chat

Keith