+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 86

Thread: Ninian Park Memories

  1. #1

    Ninian Park Memories

    Same bloke, same spot on sloper road, just before the canton stand

    Every home game

    Money spinner lottery tickets!

    Probably dead now

    Poor old sod

  2. #2

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    I didn't sit in the grandstand very often (Cup games mainly), but I can still recall this guy wandering round, shouting "Programmes, Lottery tickets, and the book!". I think this was one of John Crooks' books of players.

  3. #3

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I didn't sit in the grandstand very often (Cup games mainly), but I can still recall this guy wandering round, shouting "Programmes, Lottery tickets, and the book!". I think this was one of John Crooks' books of players.
    John Crook from Abergavenny?

  4. #4

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    The buzz I used to get walking down Sloper Rd and then walking up the steps into the Grange End and then Block A Grandstand, can't be replicated.

    I miss that place so badly

  5. #5

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    John Crook from Abergavenny?
    John Crooks died about 10 years ago.

  6. #6

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    John Crooks died about 10 years ago.
    Iím lucky to have his history of Cardiff City book he wrote. An excellent read! I also have TOBW follow up book, another excellent read!

  7. #7

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    Always remember the program seller on corner of Leckwith Close. Was there every game for years. Also seeing John Reynolds on his bike. Still see him ride away from the CCS on match day. Always before the game for some reason though.

  8. #8

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Same bloke, same spot on sloper road, just before the canton stand

    Every home game

    Money spinner lottery tickets!

    Probably dead now

    Poor old sod
    I remember him shouting money spinner tickets.
    The fella in the police hat
    A short fella with a dai cap and big side burns wearing bicycle clips on an old push bike by ther Canton

  9. #9

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I remember him shouting money spinner tickets.
    The fella in the police hat
    A short fella with a dai cap and big side burns wearing bicycle clips on an old push bike by ther Canton
    The fella with the plastic police hat was from ely hospital . The police riot van used to pick him up before home games

  10. #10

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Always remember the program seller on corner of Leckwith Close. Was there every game for years. Also seeing John Reynolds on his bike. Still see him ride away from the CCS on match day. Always before the game for some reason though.
    he did a lot of running in his string vest

  11. #11

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    John Crooks died about 10 years ago.
    the one from Abergavenny?

  12. #12

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    The buzz I used to get walking down Sloper Rd and then walking up the steps into the Grange End and then Block A Grandstand, can't be replicated.

    I miss that place so badly
    I never thought I would say it but so do I

    All that rust

  13. #13

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    he did a lot of running in his string vest
    He did. He was on the bins I believe? When being a bin man was hard graft. Fit as a fiddle!

  14. #14

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I remember him shouting money spinner tickets.
    The fella in the police hat
    A short fella with a dai cap and big side burns wearing bicycle clips on an old push bike by ther Canton
    The bloke in the coppers hat was a patient at Ely Hospital. Apparently, the police would pick him up on their way to a game. This at a time when up and dab was a regular occurrence at NP. Could you imagine the NHS and South Wales Police sanctioning something similar today Brilliant!

  15. #15

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    He did. He was on the bins I believe? When being a bin man was hard graft. Fit as a fiddle!
    often saw him running along the road by Llandaff tech

  16. #16

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The bloke in the coppers hat was a patient at Ely Hospital. Apparently, the police would pick him up on their way to a game. This at a time when up and dab was a regular occurrence at NP. Could you imagine the NHS and South Wales Police sanctioning something similar today Brilliant!
    Colin

  17. #17

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    Radio Ninian ( I think it was called that) in the corner of the Grange/ Grandstand pre the wings being added.
    The little tea hut where the Canton met the Bob Bank and the always empty ST Johns first aid office at the top of the walkway from the Canton end turnstiles.

  18. #18

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Radio Ninian ( I think it was called that) in the corner of the Grange/ Grandstand pre the wings being added.
    The little tea hut where the Canton met the Bob Bank and the always empty ST Johns first aid office at the top of the walkway from the Canton end turnstiles.
    During the eighties, City didn't pay St Johns for nearly five years. No wonder it was empty!

  19. #19

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Colin
    No, Terry

  20. #20

    Re: Ninian Park Memories

    I remember late sixties early seventies two asian looking guys father and son at every single home game,they never missed a match. Older fans surelywould remember them.You knew where they were as there was aways a cloud of smoke where they inhaled umteen fags during the game. The son still goes but his dad sadly passed away a good few years ago.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •