+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1 in 5 children is living below the poverty line in every part of Wales ?

International

Re: 1 in 5 children is living below the poverty line in every part of Wales ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The poor do not visit pubs, in fact, in my experience, they don't drink that much alcohol, that's a past time for the middle classes and upper working class. Are you referring that poor people are spending their money in boozers? If you are, then i'd say that it's bullshit
    If you really honestly believe that then you have no idea what really goes on, honestly!!

International

Well here is a moral question for everyone. forget politics and think about this.

I think we all recognise that there are a great number of people who work hard, do their best for their families sometimes in difficult circumstances and through no fault of their own cannot make ends meet, and never seem to get any further forward. We would all I think wan t to do as much as possible to help these people.
    But we all also know that there are those who are just bone idle, wasteful and quite content to sit on their arses in the full knowledge that the state will give them stuff. Feckless is a word I've seen used on here before.

If there was some way perfected that enabled us (The gov of the day/ or whoever) to identify beyond doubt who the idle wasteful ones were who were draining money from the pot meant for the deserving poor, what would you do about it if you had the power?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    If you really honestly believe that then you have no idea what really goes on, honestly!!
    Then back it up. In my experience, drinking in the poorest communities isn't as culturally ingrained as it is within the upper working classes and lower middle classes. They certainly seem to smoke more though, although alcohol in the home isn't as prevalent. Drinking is expensive, poor people don't visit pubs that much or drink at home as much. These are my experiences, i've worked in poor communities off and on for 30 years, and in a social context. The piss heads are usually those with a bit of disposable.

Well here is a moral question for everyone. forget politics and think about this.

I think we all recognise that there are a great number of people who work hard, do their best for their families sometimes in difficult circumstances and through no fault of their own cannot make ends meet, and never seem to get any further forward. We would all I think wan t to do as much as possible to help these people.
    But we all also know that there are those who are just bone idle, wasteful and quite content to sit on their arses in the full knowledge that the state will give them stuff. Feckless is a word I've seen used on here before.

If there was some way perfected that enabled us (The gov of the day/ or whoever) to identify beyond doubt who the idle wasteful ones were who were draining money from the pot meant for the deserving poor, what would you do about it if you had the power?
    I don't know that many people who don't want to work, who are idle, or who don't want to improve their situation. I doubt you do either.

I don't know that many people who don't want to work, who are idle, or who don't want to improve their situation. I doubt you do either.
    I don't want to work.

International

I know a few, and when I lived in the N East I knew even more, but when ever you want to avoid something you arenot comfortable with you always say 'back it up' or that you don't have that experience. If you don't know anyone who takes the piss out of the welfare system you must be in a very small minority, thats all I can say.
    It's an honest question, what would you do about such a situation. Saying it's not your experience is just avoiding what might be an unpalatable answer

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't want to work.
    snap.

I don't want to work.
    I want to contribute, i don't want to line someone elses pockets.

I want to contribute, i don't want to line someone elses pockets.
    I want to get paid and not have to do anything

I know a few, and when I lived in the N East I knew even more, but when ever you want to avoid something you arenot comfortable with you always say 'back it up' or that you don't have that experience. If you don't know anyone who takes the piss out of the welfare system you must be in a very small minority, thats all I can say.
    It's an honest question, what would you do about such a situation. Saying it's not your experience is just avoiding what might be an unpalatable answer
    i really don't know that many people who are taking the piss. You know a few, that's not many, is it?

i'd say that you're in the minority.

International

That's called getting your pension, sadly you have to work your bollox off to get to that stage, or most of us do. I've done it and still have to work to make ends meet.

Should have added

International

i really don't know that many people who are taking the piss. You know a few, that's not many, is it?
    All your answers are deflecting the question. But you don't answer it. Are you afraid of what your true answer might be?

That's called getting your pension, sadly you have to work your bollox off to get to that stage, or most of us do. I've done it and still have to work to make ends meet.
    Yep I'm about 30 years off that probably

All your answers are deflecting the question. But you don't answer it. Are you afraid of what your true answer might be?
    what in gods name are you saying?

International

Yep I'm about 30 years off that probably
    I wish I was and have learned what I know now lol

International

what in gods name are you saying?
    It's simple what I'm saying.
    You are not answering the question. Which bit of that do you not understand?

you are only posting comments the problem does not exist.

Feedback

The poor do not visit pubs, in fact, in my experience, they don't drink that much alcohol, that's a past time for the middle classes and upper working class. Are you referring that poor people are spending their money in boozers? If you are, then i'd say that it's bullshit
    Given the pubs are full would you say Wales has a burgeoning middle class?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    you sure about that ? I think that the Welsh people despite some cock ups think Labour , in Wales , is the best option

And the recent election shows that

Sore loser springs to mind
    Sore lower?

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    No.

It's simple what I'm saying.
    You are not answering the question. Which bit of that do you not understand?

you are only posting comments the problem does not exist.
    what was the question?

International

what was the question?
    total refusal to acknowledge. You surprise me, you normally have answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Pre pandemic pubs weren’t full, most were struggling, many closing never to open again. Town maybe packed on a Friday/Saturday, the rest of the week is quiet so I gather.

total refusal to acknowledge. You surprise me, you normally have answers.
    I'm no Guru, Snaggs....

International

I'm no Guru, Snaggs....
    I just put a moral dilemma up and you refused to engage about it, but instead of just choosing not to get involved you decided to attempt to refute the suggestion that there is or was a question to be answered.

That's fine, if that's your response so be it.