+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BBC licence fee no more.

BBC licence fee no more.

No fair minded person will ever pay the licence fee again after the horror of what they did to Princess Diana sinks in.
    It's game over for the Beeb.

Discuss.

The seasons over.

Re: BBC licence fee no more.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    No fair minded person will ever pay the licence fee again after the horror of what they did to Princess Diana sinks in.

Discuss.

The seasons over.
    Really?

Discuss.

The seasons over.
    Prince William's response was blistering

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Really?
    I read the story earlier....pretty shitty.
    It saddens me greatly as to what has become of the BBC.

strange how this story has come out just as the Tories are plotting the demise of the BBC behind closed doors.

you'd have thought they'd be able to do better than someone was tricked into doing an interview 25 years ago.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    strange how this story has come out just as the Tories are plotting the demise of the BBC behind closed doors.

you'd have thought they'd be able to do better than someone was tricked into doing an interview 25 years ago.
    Oh dear me!

Indeed.
    I’m sure that they can if needs be...
    It’s so sad and so indicative of the times that we are in though.

The BBC to me was THE Beacon of fair play growing up.
    You just trusted it without batting an eyelid, particularly when I moved here neatly 20 years ago...it was still The Oracle (insert Ceefax joke) to me.
    The Saville Saga obviously put an end to that delusion.

Now The BBC is just a pitiful shell of what it was, probably a fair reflection of the country it once served.

It shouldn’t be defunded though.
    Hopefully it can be restored to what it could and should be.

I need some help here, is the BBC a bastion of the political left or right today? It's so easy to lose track.

As I am not living in the UK I don't pay a license fee but access BBC news 24 and BBC world service.

Honestly, they are magnificent.

Of course I get to watch question time and BBC news (in the UK) through clips on twitter, youtube and others.

The difference between domestic BBC news and International BBC news is startling.

International BBC news is, in my opinion, fair, balanced and scathing of both the corrupt Tories and PM and also the useless opposition.

Domestic BBC seems to be awful... scared, cowardly and lets be honest Laura Kuenssberg is nothing more than the head of the Tory PR department. The lack of government scrutiny on the BBC and yet quite aggressive towards Labour and SNP is startling.

Within seconds of the Cummings story breaking (by ITV), Laura immediately came to his defence.

Look at leading up to and after the BREXIT vote... while it claimed to take a neutral position they had more unchallenged pro-brexiteers on than any reasonable remain voices... who did we get on for remain, Terry bloody christian..! They knew what they were doing!

But the BBC does not need to be defunded.... it needs an independent commission overseeing it - certainly not Tory donors put in charge.

I don't have a tv licence. Pretty glad now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    I don't have a tv licence. Pretty glad now.
    because they tricked someone into an interview 25 years ago?

I fully agree. Very convenient when looking to turn BBC into Tory HQ. It practically is now. As for Prince William saying it worsened C & D’s relationship, it couldn’t have been worse already, that’s why she spoke out. Hardly the BBC ‘s doing.

The Diana thing is shocking but I’m always shocked how quick people are to shit on the BBC with the amount of quality content out out there’s something for everyone.

Radio 4, 6 music, 5 live, great podcast archive, great football coverage, good dramas and comedies that wouldn’t get made by a commercial channel, the website is massive and plenty of quality content (especially the recipe section).

It really is one of those things that people don’t realise what they’ve got until it’s gone.

It’s been made into a political football by the media who have something to gain and the government who want to privatise it and surprise surprise the morons of this country have lapped it up. I despair at the level of education and critical thinking in this country and this board is a good example of how easily led people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The Diana thing is shocking but I’m always shocked how quick people are to shit on the BBC with the amount of quality content out out there’s something for everyone.

Radio 4, 6 music, 5 live, great podcast archive, great football coverage, good dramas and comedies that wouldn’t get made by a commercial channel, the website is massive and plenty of quality content (especially the recipe section).

It really is one of those things that people don’t realise what they’ve got until it’s gone.

It’s been made into a political football by the media who have something to gain and the government who want to privatise it and surprise surprise the morons of this country have lapped it up. I despair at the level of education and critical thinking in this country and this board is a good example of how easily led people are.
    Not really surprising given that prominent parts of the rest of the media have had a fairly transparent anti bbc agenda for more than a decade, some within the government hate the bbc for ideological reasons and th bbc's position in daily life,is undergoing massive change at the moment as traditional viewing habits are changing hugely

BBC’s Media Editor answering the question, “Where does this leave the BBC?”: https://twitter.com/inzyrashid/statu...90022007136256

Before we ever get rid of the BBC we should think about what would replace it within the UK and what it means abroad both for the UK and for other cultures.

anyone who thinks the BBC is left wing is deluded

I watch Channel 4 News

The BBC has always fallen in line with whoever is in government and often has right wing director generals

Micheal Grade for example

During the miners strike the BBC ran a news story on the Battle of Orgreave

First of all it showed miners throwing stones at the police then the mounted police charge in , flatten and batter miners then get clapped back in by their fellow foot officers

That was a fit up , by the BBC. The miners were charged by the mounted police first and the miners retaliated .

The BBC doctored the footage and put it out on the evening news to kid the viewing public .

I have no interest at all in the Diana case , if the BBC has been up to no good it won't be the first time .

BBC Wales .....now thats a steaming pile of horse dung we could get rid of

Apart from the excellent radio football coverage , its generally crap

X Ray
    Weatherman Walking
    High Hopes
    Wales Today
    Endless Rugby

I equate BBC coverage to newspaper reports: virtually every report I've read in newspapers about events with which I am familiar has contained inaccuracies.
    Pretty well everything the BBC has covered in progs like Panorama about which I have detailed knowledge has been flawed.
    Admittedly, that haven't been many such subjects, but even so........

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I equate BBC coverage to newspaper reports: virtually every report I've read in newspapers about events with which I am familiar has contained inaccuracies.
    Pretty well everything the BBC has covered in progs like Panorama about which I have detailed knowledge has been flawed.
    Admittedly, that haven't been many such subjects, but even so........
    Your earlier post on vaccines does call into question your "detailed knowledge" somewhat

Naga Munchetty despise that cow

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Misogynist alert

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Me too!

The point is no one in this day and age should be forced to fund the BBC against there will. You have to pay a license fee even if you never watch the BBC and just watch Netflix and Amazon Prime. It is anachronistic in the 21st century to have a state funded TV Chanel even if some people think it is wonderful. It should be funded in the same way as Netfilx and other subscription channels. If the BBC is so wonderful it will survive and prosper as Netflix does.

Discuss.

The seasons over.
    I am saddened by by the Bashir deception and the way that the BBC sanctioned and later investigated it whilst ignoring the feedback from those who said that there were faults with the story.

Unlike you, having paid the BBC licence for 45 years, I will keep paying it on the basis that despite its faults it has been and is a good organisation that interacts with many of our daily lives and is excellent value for money compared with much of the other media.

I also recall the nastiness and underhand methods displayed by many of our newspapers and their hacks and the agendas that they all have trying to shape our thinking, our lives.

The BBC is right to be lambasted about the Panorama interview and must address it openly and make changes.

Will you be able to watch the Wales games on any other channels?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    The point is no one in this day and age should be forced to fund the BBC against there will. You have to pay a license fee even if you never watch the BBC and just watch Netflix and Amazon Prime. It is anachronistic in the 21st century to have a state funded TV Chanel even if some people think it is wonderful. It should be funded in the same way as Netfilx and other subscription channels. If the BBC is so wonderful it will survive and prosper as Netflix does.
    NO YOU DONT!