+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: For Motorsport Fans - Monaco

For Motorsport Fans - Monaco

F1 Qualifying: Pole: Charles Leclerc

2: Max Verstappen
    3: Valterri Bottas
    4: Carlos Sainz Jnr
    5: Lando Norris

Lewis Hamilton in 7th after Leclerc stuffed his Ferrari into the barrier (major damage and iffy for tomorrow apparently). This happened with <1min and Verstappen on purple so Q3 was red-flagged.

F2 produced a great race but something like 33 collective laps were disqualified for cutting turn one on a wet and drying track. Today's race winner Liam Lawson was stripped of his victory and disqualified for an incorrect throttle map at the start (a defined throttle pedal progressivity map programmed in position 1 of the steering wheel throttle map rotary knob must be used during all formation lap starts and race starts until the car speed reached 50 km/h. It wasn't!).

So far no rain is forecast for tomorrow but as usual it'll be about the start, tyre strategy, and nerve.

Very pleased for another great session by Norris and also seeing Russell get into Q2. But with some really slow cars and a few awful drivers at the back anything can happen.

Not my favourite race and I agree with Valleys Caveman and I wouldn't be too bothered to see it dropped from the calendar either as F1 cars are bigger than ever before (they're going to get heavier too apparantly).

I actually think shorter sprint races at Monaco in the current cars (morning and afternoon of Saturday and Sunday) would be more entertaining instead of endless practice sessions and a long GP where grid start position is paramount.

If you want to see motor racing excitement and overtaking at Monaco then the Formula E highlights of this year's race earlier this month are well worth a watch. Who said you can't overtake at Monaco? Welcome to the future!
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 22-05-21 at 16:36. Reason: Spelling

Re: For Motorsport Fans - Monaco

I think there could be carnage on the first lap. Max will try everything to get past Leclerc, and Leclerc will try everything to keep Max behind. Lets hope for some rain to spice it up a touch too.

Monaco is almost always a convoy, and personally I feel would never be granted a GP these days. I can't see me sitting through almost two hours of that tomorrow.

Roll on Baku.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I think there could be carnage on the first lap. Max will try everything to get past Leclerc, and Leclerc will try everything to keep Max behind. Let's hope for some rain to spice it up a touch too.
    You could be right. It definitely will need some spice. I'm thinking both Haas cars, Tsunoda, one Williams one Alfa Romeo, and possibly an angry Vettel crash out/DNF at least. Let's not forget the coolness of Hamilton whilst everyone else is going crazy could make all the difference.

Rain would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    Monaco is almost always a convoy, and personally I feel would never be granted a GP these days. I can't see me sitting through almost two hours of that tomorrow.

Roll on Baku.
    Agree