+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premier League final day

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Premier League final day

15 mins into the second half and Chelsea are blowing their Champions League chances 2 - 0 down at Villa.

Liverpool and Leicester winning to take 3rd and 4th at the moment.

Could all change with a single goal at Leicester

Arsenal pinching the final European place from Spurs as it stands

Re: Premier League final day

Leicester 2 - 2 Spurs
    Villa 2 - 1 Chelsea

Chelsea still losing but now up to 4th because Leicester not winning

Bale

Leicester 2 - 3 Spurs (87 mins)

Leicester out of CL, Spurs back above Arsenal and in to Europe

Great final day, goals and dram galore

FIVE minutes added on at the King Power. Leicester score and Villa hold on for Leicester Champions League, but it doesn't look likely.

Football should be, and usually is, so easy with a billionaire owner and a home stadium in London, Liverpool or Manchester.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    FIVE minutes added on at the King Power. Leicester score and Villa hold on for Leicester Champions League, but it doesn't look likely.

Football should, and usually is, so easy with a billionaire owner and a home stadium in London, Liverpool or Manchester.
    Leicester needed to win. GD was against them, even with Chelsea losing

First time I’ve not wanted Bale to score but he was so clinical and took both goals with style.

What a pisser for Leicester, I’d have preferred them to get a Champions League place over any of the others. Only themselves to blame I s’pose though, losing at home to a resurgent Newcastle did for them but they should be winning games like that. Is the FA Cup scant reward for a decent season? Shame how the Cup has been devalued somewhat.

Bale finishes on 11 Premier League goals and 2 assists from 20 appearances. He's up there with Mane and Rashford in 13 and 17 fewer games.

Amazingly, it's his second best goal-scoring season in the Premier League with his previous second best standing at 9 Premier League goals.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Bale finishes on 11 Premier League goals and 2 assists from 20 appearances. He's up there with Mane and Rashford in 13 and 17 fewer games.

Amazingly, it's his second best goal-scoring season in the Premier League with his previous second best standing at 9 Premier League goals.
    Just shows what a bit of trust in him does. Hitting form perfectly in time for the Euros. Beautiful

Bale scores again 90+5

Leicester 2 - 4 Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Leicester needed to win. GD was against them, even with Chelsea losing
    Leicester hard done by with the decisive Bale first goal, handball by Kane I thought and could not understand why they went to VAR and allowed it.

Handball, he gained an advantage and they scored within a couple of seconds.

I really don't know what is and what isn't hand ball any more

so after all the twists and turns, the richest club wins the league, and the 4 richest are in the top 4 .

what a crock of shit

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what a crock of shit
    Yeah, load of rubbish. With classy, stylish sides like Swansea and Barnsley leading the way, the Championship's obviously far better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yeah, load of rubbish. With classy, stylish sides like Swansea and Barnsley leading the way, the Championship's obviously far better.
    for all the amazing world class footballers at the likes of man city and Chelsea, they somehow fail to generate any kind of strong feelings from me either for or against, they just kind of exist and win matches.
    honestly give me the championship any day of the week

honestly give me the championship any day of the week
    The Championship this season was utter garbage, as evidenced by the fact that a functional Norwich side were able to walk away with it while sides as desperately limited as Swansea and Barnsley were able to make play-offs.

The Championship this season was utter garbage, as evidenced by the fact that a functional Norwich side were able to walk away with it while sides as desperately limited as Swansea and Barnsley were able to make play-offs.
    The sides coming down performed badly too, 29 points keeps you up....

I think that's a bit harsh on Norwich, they've been a lot more than functional. don't Be fooled by their terrible premier League season the last time around.
    they have a core of players who were likely to be playing premier League football next season even if Norwich didn't go up.
    Aarons pukki, cantwell and Buendia would all have been snapped up.
    either of the Cardiff sides to have won promotion - there weren't clubs queueing up to pick apart any of our any of our championship sides.

they will have a battle to keep Buendia as it is, who is one of the best players at this level in years, has even just been given an Argentina cap. I think he'll go to a top half premier League side for close to 50m

Swansea were a decent mid table side who had a good run of results, and Barnsley a very effective one dimensional side.
    I don't think it has been weak this year at all though.

usually the sides who come down there are one or two who are in a complete mess, with a bloated squad of overpaid players who can't contribute. none of the relegated clubs this time around were in that kind of a mess. they were all able to keep together enough quality in their teams to be very strong at this level. I do fear it is the shape of things to come as well

so after all the twists and turns, the richest club wins the league, and the 4 richest are in the top 4 .

what a crock of shit
    Leicester's fault for being colossal bottle jobs

what a crock of shit
    Today was the first time I’ve watched a PL game in 2 seasons

what a crock of shit
    4 richest remain 4 richest, 2 of last year's promoted sides go straight back down and the 2 relegated sides from last year go straight back up.

In a season which removed fans and many had shortened break over the summer meaning a lot of football over short period of time...it really helps to have a deep and high quality squad bought by wealthiest owners in the league.

what a crock of shit
    Agreed. I did think we were going to see a couple of different sides making the CL places this year, but no, it's the same old faces.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Agreed. I did think we were going to see a couple of different sides making the CL places this year, but no, it's the same old faces.
    It's almost as if the biggest, wealthiest clubs have an advantage over the others. Crazy stuff. That doesn't happen in other countries, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    What a pisser for Leicester, I’d have preferred them to get a Champions League place over any of the others. Only themselves to blame I s’pose though, losing at home to a resurgent Newcastle did for them but they should be winning games like that. Is the FA Cup scant reward for a decent season? Shame how the Cup has been devalued somewhat.
    Lots of Leicester fans interviewed on the day of the FA cup final said they’d prefer to win that than finish in the top 4. I can understand that.