+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Premier League final day

Re: Premier League final day

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    No, I didn't say they were average. They were clearly well above average in what was a desperately poor division. I said they were functional. They got the job done regularly, but narrowly more often than not. They rarely blew teams away because they were functional rather than spectacular.
    We won more games by a 3 goal margin than Norwich did.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We won more games by a 3 goal margin than Norwich did.
    Norwich were very consistent for much of the season. For instance, in December and January their results were as follows (Norwich score first):

2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 2-0, 0-1, 1-1, 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 2-0, 0-0.

Best game of the day was at Forest Green the rest of the days games were in its shadow. Bless the super 6 and its greed.

The phrase 'outperform their stats' is idiotic.
    Why is it idiotic?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why is it idiotic?
    Because your stats are your stats.
    You can’t “out perform” them 😂

I'm not surprised. It would be a quite a job.

On reflection, I think I was suggesting the bottom 3 of the PL this season we’re worse than usual, would our points totals in our two campaigns have kept us up this season, ie more than 28 points? I haven’t a clue if this is relevant to what’s being talked about but I’m sure the thread was about the last day of the PL season.....

Why is it idiotic?
    He was in a funny mood yesterday, probably drunk watching PL matches in his kitchen

Why is it idiotic?
    It makes no sense. Gobbledygook. Means nothing.

Swansea didn't outperform their stats. They outperformed the 20 clubs below them over the course of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    On reflection, I think I was suggesting the bottom 3 of the PL this season we’re worse than usual, would our points totals in our two campaigns have kept us up this season, ie more than 28 points? I haven’t a clue if this is relevant to what’s being talked about but I’m sure the thread was about the last day of the PL season.....
    "The sides coming down performed badly too, 29 points keeps you up...."

I'm pretty sure you meant two of the three sides going up performed badly (the other performed very well).

As for 29 points keeping you up, I can understand what you were driving at - 29 points might have kept Burnley up. But they got 39 points anyway. The points tallies City achieved in their two seasons in the Premier League would have been enough to finish above the three bottom sides this season, but the flaw is that City would have replaced one of Fulham or West Brom and still wouldn't have reached Burnley's points total.

As for the three bottom clubs being worse than usual, it might have felt that way but Sheffield United actually gained more points than the bottom side in 2015/16 (Villa), 2018/19 (Huddersfield) and 2019/20 (Norwich).

Fecking hell what the feck is going on in this thread

Its funtime at the zoo