+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales Training Squad Announced

Wales Training Squad Announced

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57227079

No place for HRK or Vaulks. Collwill and Harris are in but making up the numbers, good experience for our youngsters.

Re: Wales Training Squad Announced

What the hell has Vaulks done wrong? Mind you, he did hint, I think, at something at a previous squad meet.

Must be a behavioural issue with Vaulks, which is surprising as he seems like a decent fella.

Squad looks decent so let's pray no injuries. I would give Rambo and Bale 5 mins each against France!

26 man squad but there's no James/Connor Roberts in that squad so likely to have about 4 cut

I guess the ones who will miss out are Harris, Colwill, Thomas and one other?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    What the hell has Vaulks done wrong? Mind you, he did hint, I think, at something at a previous squad meet.
    It must be something we don't know about because there's no logical reason he should be behind Levitt, Dorrell and Thomas (I'll have to even look up where Thomas is playing).

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Must be a behavioural issue with Vaulks, which is surprising as he seems like a decent fella.

Squad looks decent so let's pray no injuries. I would give Rambo and Bale 5 mins each against France!
    I doubt it is a behavioural issue - never heard anything about vaulks having a bad attitude.

More likely they don't see him fitting into the team any time soon

France have called up Sissoko ahead of Ndombele despite former having 25 appearances for Spurs this year and latter having 33.

Spain have called up more Brighton players than Real Madrid players (Ramos is dropped) despite latter making it to the Champions League semi-final.

Each team has identified a plan and the players best able to execute that plan over a very short, very intense period. It's not necessarily the 26 best players in the country and this year more than ever (due to disrupted football calendar) several teams are looking favourably at players with experience in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    France have called up Sissoko ahead of Ndombele despite former having 25 appearances for Spurs this year and latter having 33.

Spain have called up more Brighton players than Real Madrid players (Ramos is dropped) despite latter making it to the Champions League semi-final.

Each team has identified a plan and the players best able to execute that plan over a very short, very intense period. It's not necessarily the 26 best players in the country and this year more than ever (due to disrupted football calendar) several teams are looking favourably at players with experience in the system.
    that was always England's problem, trying to play all their best players rather than a system that makes sense.
    I think they've mostly learned their lesson now

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    26 man squad but there's no James/Connor Roberts in that squad so likely to have about 4 cut

I guess the ones who will miss out are Harris, Colwill, Thomas and one other?
    James is with Man U in the Europa League. Roberts, Cabango, Sheehan and King and somebody else called Johnson are all involved in the Play Offs, so they miss this training session. I don't see why vaults has been left out when you look at the e3xperience of some of the others like Morrell, and Levitt. And not sure what happened with Dummett from Newcastle either?

There's no Real Madrid players in the Spain team, which seems mental on paper

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    James is with Man U in the Europa League. Roberts, Cabango, Sheehan and King and somebody else called Johnson are all involved in the Play Offs, so they miss this training session. I don't see why vaults has been left out when you look at the e3xperience of some of the others like Morrell, and Levitt. And not sure what happened with Dummett from Newcastle either?
    Dummett retired from international football. I don’t get why James Chester continues to be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    There's no Real Madrid players in the Spain team, which seems mental on paper
    Luis Enrique is the coach

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I don’t get why James Chester continues to be ignored.
    This frustrates me far more than Vaulks' continued omissions. He's a much better centre half than Lockyer, Lawrence and Mepham, and has the added benefit of tournament experience.

I understand that there is a plan and they want players that fit that plan but I really fail to see what those 3 offer that he doesnt.

The vaulks omission makes me feel very detached from the management.

Just seems like page is doing what giggs would have done. I really feel sorry for him.

Don't get my wrong vaulks isn't the greatest but he's certainly a better option if page thinks a Charlton reserve is going to help us outplay Italy then it's worrying.

Vaulks puts himself about, has the ability to score a great goal and a long throw if struggling

What I don't get with this and also the Vaulks omission is that, whilst you certainly need the 1st choice to be the right players to play in your system, you will also need to switch things up both in game and definitely throughout the tournament. Having players that can make an impact from the bench, either by fresh legs or a tactical switch could make all the difference yet we are seemingly going like for like.

It was not so long ago that Kieffer Moore was nowhere near the Wales squad but the system was tweaked and he was brought into the team....