+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bale To Sign……..

Bale To Sign……..

It would cause chaos if he did for City https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57219303

Re: Bale To Sign……..

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    It would cause chaos if he did for City https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57219303
    Shirley not the jacks.

Would be amazing I'm thinking retirement though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Would be amazing I'm thinking retirement though.
    Agreed.
    Still, he's got a lovely house in the vale, 31 years old, maybe a season down the city will do him good before he hangs up his boots?

I think his salary works out at about Ł15 million for a season, so I can't see him retiring before the end of the contract.

real Madrid will presumably let him go on loan to whoever can cover the most of the wages.
    that won't be us

Maybe it’s Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Maybe it’s Arsenal.
    Man Utd maybe if they aren't able to get Sancho

They aren't averse to picking p the odd elite player at the end of their carer

Bale signs ( on ) for Universal Credit

Barcelona?

With him saying "his next destination could prove to be a divisive one", "It just has to happen after the Euros" - my money is on him joining the Jacks. Can you imagine if he announced that now and how one half of the Welsh fans would react?

Alternatively, joining Arsenal from Spurs would also fit the narrative, as would Barcelona with the latter having the dosh to do it.

It'll be the chinese/amercian league surely?

Barca or Athletico.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    With him saying "his next destination could prove to be a divisive one", "It just has to happen after the Euros" - my money is on him joining the Jacks. Can you imagine if he announced that now and how one half of the Welsh fans would react?

Alternatively, joining Arsenal from Spurs would also fit the narrative, as would Barcelona with the latter having the dosh to do it.
    How are we and Swansea being even mentioned in these conversations? Ridiculous. He's proved that he's still a top class player, that can play at the highest level.

Why would he want to end his career in the Championship

I would have said Man U had they not given Cavani a year extension.

Haven't seen enough of him this season but he really does light up the game when he plays.

If he doesn't sign for us, I don't really mind who he plays for as long as it's in the premiership and an English club

Barcelona don't have a huge amount of money these days

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It'll be the chinese/amercian league surely?
    Would be my thinking, nice last pay day

But that doesnt really play into the " chaos " wording

It would be great if he cam to City but I think it more likely that he will retire rom football and aim to become a professional golfer.

As things stand he is still under the control of RM although he could buy himself out of that.
    I guess retiring would be acceptable to RM

Maybe he’s signing for Portsmouth?

It would be great if he cam to City but I think it more likely that he will retire rom football and aim to become a professional golfer.

As things stand he is still under the control of RM although he could buy himself out of that.
    I guess retiring would be acceptable to RM

From a Welsh perspective he has come away from Spurs in good form and fit. Clearly ready for the Euros.
    If he has tied up a deal somewhere then good on that team making the investment now because his stock will probably rise further as I know he will have a good tournament.

Dont think its China as the J league is struggling through loss of big backers. Could be MLS, but as he suggested it would be divisive I wouldnt be surprised if it's either Arsenal or ManUtd. Both sets of directors need to get their fans back onside after the Euro SuperLeague debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Dont think its China as the J league is struggling through loss of big backers. Could be MLS, but as he suggested it would be divisive I wouldnt be surprised if it's either Arsenal or ManUtd. Both sets of directors need to get their fans back onside after the Euro SuperLeague debacle.
    j league is japan

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    j league is japan
    I think retirement (and maybe even a second career in golf). Perhaps he would have gone for a second season at Spurs and then called it a day, but given that Kane is leaving, the club is in a bit of a state (fans unhappy, poor squad), and the new manager might not fancy him, he's probably decided not to bother. Especially as he's leaving on a high and his record this year has been good.

Other alternative for me would be Atletico. He fits their profile of signing older players, knows he'll get CL, and Real are so desperate to get rid of his wages they'll probably sanction it. Definitely fits the "chaos" criteria.

If his hearts not in it then fair enough but he's more than proven this year that he can still do it at the highest level.

A quote from the Times magazine on Saturday (interview with Gareth Bale)..."I'd love to be back in Cardiff seeing friends and family every day, going out for meals with them, having coffee or going to play golf with them" To me that's CCS/Sandmartin/Costa/Whitchurch golf club. C'mon Vinny....the lad wants to come home. Cough up or miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    How are we and Swansea being even mentioned in these conversations? Ridiculous. He's proved that he's still a top class player, that can play at the highest level.
    I heard he's going to Cewnty (providing they win their playoff)