+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Belarus

Belarus

shocking really that Belarus can effectively hijack a Ryanair flight to effectively eliminate a political opponent, and the west are powerless to do anything about it.

a military dictatorship, propped up by Putin and on the edge of Europe

Re: Belarus

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    shocking really that Belarus can effectively hijack a Ryanair flight to effectively eliminate a political opponent, and the west are powerless to do anything about it.

a military dictatorship, propped up by Putin and on the edge of Europe
    My money is on Belarus president Lukashenko running it past Putin first then getting the nod from old bare chested Vlad , let's see what brave Europe does , they not always that robust in thier responses and Germany is very cozy with Russia with gas pipeline deal and all that in play.

After entering the country from Ukraine. I was meant to couchsurf with a chap in Belarus but I walked out of his place as his apartment was filthy and he was rather seedy all round. I moved into an AirBnB place in the centre of Minsk and the immediate area resembled a sophisticated, modern and wholesome place with colourful outdoor cafés and restaurants. The airport was very modern and there was free wifi everywhere. I was aware of the darker side of life behind the scenes though and made it to Lithuania, which is more than that poor journalist achieved.

We need to put boots on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We need to put boots on the ground
    Given that Belarus is strongly backed by Putin I think that would be unwise.

There was a woman on 5 live earlier in the week who is in hiding (in Britain) as she has spoken out against him. Several of her friends have previously been executed, shes been declared a terrorist in the national newspapers and said she'll be hung - terrifying stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Given that Belarus is strongly backed by Putin I think that would be unwise.

There was a woman on 5 live earlier in the week who is in hiding (in Britain) as she has spoken out against him. Several of her friends have previously been executed, shes been declared a terrorist in the national newspapers and said she'll be hung - terrifying stuff.
    Lovely place , more atrocities that gets little attention and traction with the public and politicians