+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ellis James: FOOTBALL NATION, tonight 10.45pm BBC WALES

Re: Ellis James: FOOTBALL NATION, tonight 10.45pm BBC WALES

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just watched episodes two to four on IPlayer and my question is what’s not to like about it?
    JB perhaps

60% football
    40% rugby.

First Team

Coming from a neutral I quite enjoyed the first episode.
    The obsession with rugby was obviously there but having experienced the stranglehold it had in Wales in the 70’s that is understandable.
    Outside of that I thought the history of the FAW and the social impact aspect was interesting and the snapshot interviews with the modern (ish) players was good.

I have to admit that I always though of the Swansea area as being the hotbed for supplying international players but obviously North Wales has been quite prolific.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Coming from a neutral I quite enjoyed the first episode.
    The obsession with rugby was obviously there but having experienced the stranglehold it had in Wales in the 70’s that is understandable.
    Outside of that I thought the history of the FAW and the social impact aspect was interesting and the snapshot interviews with the modern (ish) players was good.

I have to admit that I always though of the Swansea area as being the hotbed for supplying international players but obviously North Wales has been quite prolific.
    I’m definitely generalising here, but I’d say the 58 World Cup team was heavily reliant on the Swansea area, the 76 Euro side was a bit of a mixed bag, our good sides of the 80s and 90s had a north Wales look to it and the recent sides have been founded on Cardiff and its surrounding areas.