Thread: They really are numbskulls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: They really are numbskulls

moronic

Unbelievable!

to what extent do you think they really believe this will make it safer, or is this just performative to annoy liberals?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    to what extent do you think they really believe this will make it safer, or is this just performative to annoy liberals?
    This is exactly what it is. Or rather to pump up their chests to their (shrinking) base. The majority of people don't want this. The cops don't want this. They have a republican sweep in the legislature so basically, it's a big **** you. Same with their ridiculous abortion law.

The article says
    Texas has some of the loosest gun laws in the US and already allows rifles to be carried in public without a licence.

Is that right? I mean that's a lot worse than a concealed handgun

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    The article says
    Texas has some of the loosest gun laws in the US and already allows rifles to be carried in public without a licence.

Is that right? I mean that's a lot worse than a concealed handgun

Imagine taking a stroll down a street and you see someone coming towards you with a rifle slung over their shoulder and a pistol on their hip... is that going to make you feel reassured? I'd cross over the other side of the road or quickly turn back.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Imagine taking a stroll down a street and you see someone coming towards you with a rifle slung over their shoulder and a pistol on their hip... is that going to make you feel reassured? I'd cross over the other side of the road or quickly turn back.
    And if you somehow survive the hospital bills will finish you off.
    I’m certainly relieved to no longer be based in the US.

Supporters of the new rules, often known as "constitutional carry", say they would allow Texans to better defend themselves in public and abolish unnecessary limits on the constitutional right to bear arms.
    So those nutters who carry out mass shootings will now come up against armed citizens who will shoot back?

How many more will die in the crossfire?

It'll be like the OK Corral over there.

And they'll never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    So those nutters who carry out mass shootings will now come up against armed citizens who will shoot back?

And they'll never learn.
    Proponents will probably argue that such nutters who carry out mass shootings, will no longer get the chance to empty off their magazines.

And they'll never learn.
    That's the line that jumped out at me. I can't remember reading any stories of people defending themselves with a gun. Does it happen? There's certainly no mass shootings that I know of that were ended by armed citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That's the line that jumped out at me. I can't remember reading any stories of people defending themselves with a gun. Does it happen? There's certainly no mass shootings that I know of that were ended by armed citizens.
    An online search works wonders:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/mult...uy-gun/?page=1

Texas and Georgia to try to become the Gilead state

Personally I don’t see the issue.

The gun laws have gotten so loose in America that doesn’t really make a difference if they’re licensed or not any more. I’m not sure we’d see a lot less deaths if licensing was hardened.

International

In Alberta in Canada in the early 80's it was quite normal to see a truck or 2 pulled up outside a bar, unlocked, keys in the ignition and a rack of rifles, sometimes as many as 5 or 6, behind the seats, And the owners in the bar drinking beer and more. no one paid it any attention. But there was never any gunfights or shoot-ups.
    Which I suppose goes to suggest it's not the guns its the idiots holding them.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    In Alberta in Canada in the early 80's it was quite normal to see a truck or 2 pulled up outside a bar, unlocked, keys in the ignition and a rack of rifles, sometimes as many as 5 or 6, behind the seats, And the owners in the bar drinking beer and more. no one paid it any attention. But there was never any gunfights or shoot-ups.
    Yes, but we ARE talking about Americans here... or Texans in particuler.

International

Yes, but we ARE talking about Americans here... or Texans in particuler.
    I thought that was the point I was making.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Rifles in Alberta is one thing. Handguns and automatic weapons in TX is quite another. Canadians seem a largely content and peaceful people. Americans are scared and angry. It's the only way the Republican Party can survive. Do you have access to Fox News Channel over there? if not, look up Sean Hannity, Jeanine Pirro, and Tucker Carlson on YouTube. The last thing they want is for you to be content and peaceful.

this happened live on tv a few hours ago whilst the reporter was talking about police reform at the george floyd memorial square

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7ikFgS2xec

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    this happened live on tv a few hours ago whilst the reporter was talking about police reform at the george floyd memorial square

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7ikFgS2xec
    It's obviously not but first thought was the background looked like a video that they had stuck the reporter in front of.

That older guy just wondering around could perfectly be replaced with the John Travolta confused meme.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
    Size matters.

https://bulloakcapital.com/blog/if-c...ere-a-country/

Feedback

Guns, the police, the need to fill up the prisons, the USA is a scary place, in some ways resembles the dark ages.....

another mass shooting today 8 dead so far . what a crazy place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22qNTgNFkDc