+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CCFC History

CCFC History

First of all a big thank you to the author of this and for Paul making it available.

Just starting reading fully......my goodness they were dire times in the 70's 80' 90's......makes me feel quite distressed!!

2000-01 ...New League goalscoring record for a season....how many did we score that season??? I thought the 1959/60 season was tops for both scored and let in....(93-32 if my memory serves me.....and those 32 includes a few 1-4 defeats at home).

An interesting stat in the Welsh cup is vs:
    Swansea City H 12 6 5 1 24 14
    A 20 12 3 5 33 22
    T 32 18 8 6 57 36

The other comment is that things have certainly turned upwards since the history stats came to an end.....and whatever one things of V Tan a lot of that has to be down to him and his associates.

Further question - is anyone maintaining the stats since 2002/3......maybe there are a few contenders who can volunteer?

Re: CCFC History

ah....the answer is in another section.......2000-01 scored 95 but conceded 56
    1959-60 scored 90 conceded 62??? find that hard to believe...will look it up!!!

mmm...my memory is fuddled.....seems it was 62.....why did I have 32 in my head??

CCFC stats.JPG

Well...at least we were above Liverpool then.....

Doesn't seem to actually give this on the History site but...
    stats2.JPG

Sorry about the fixation with our neighbours......just that once I went to the Vetch and missed the bus back......walked back from Swansea to Porth.....slept in a bus shelter/toilet for the night....!! Bloody freezing....

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Doesn't seem to actually give this on the History site but...
    stats2.JPG

Sorry about the fixation with our neighbours......just that once I went to the Vetch and missed the bus back......walked back from Swansea to Porth.....slept in a bus shelter/toilet for the night....!! Bloody freezing....

Very late one Friday Me and a mate were separated from the rest of team outside Swansea top rank and the bus and we thought we’d walk to the M4 and hitch a lift. We got to near Briton Ferry and a local directed us to a bakery where we had pasties and all kinds of baked goods whilst waiting for the first western welsh bus in the morning.

It’s fkg cold that time of the morning sat in a windy bus stop. I believe that a Briton Ferry pasty saved my life that night

Am envious you found that!!! When I got home early morning I remember I had some toast and went to work....

1947/47 we scored 93 and concede just 30.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    1947/47 we scored 93 and concede just 30.

So good they named it twice