Traffic Chaos today

Caravan overturns on M4 at Cardiff between Coryton Interchange and J33

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-...elays-20673281

Earlier on 3 cars and a van crashed on A4232 in Cardiff

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...ident-20670615

Hope no one was effected

International

Re: Traffic Chaos today

My mate was in the M4 incident tailback, I waved to him and laughed as I went the other way.

International

The caravan didn't just overturn. It looked as if the driver of the 'jeep' style vehicle towing it had lost control in the fast lane and the caravan overtook him, spun the jeep round and smashed it into the central reservation facing in the opposite direction. It could have been worse as there is a bit of a built up grass bank at the point which absorbed the jeeps energy. Otherwise it may have bounced back into the other live lanes.
    So only the stupid driver involved.

the low sun has been a problem at this time of year for a while now it can be the same late afternoon going opposite direction

One major fallout allegedly Wales Bales was in that chaos in his 4x4 and was too late to sign for us

International

Another one this morning on the other side of the road in the same area.
    Looks like a lorry involved, stretcher on the fast lane, chaos again.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The caravan didn't just overturn. It looked as if the driver of the 'jeep' style vehicle towing it had lost control in the fast lane and the caravan overtook him, spun the jeep round and smashed it into the central reservation facing in the opposite direction. It could have been worse as there is a bit of a built up grass bank at the point which absorbed the jeeps energy. Otherwise it may have bounced back into the other live lanes.
    So only the stupid driver involved.
    Cars, even 4x4s should be banned from going in the fast lane, if towing a caravan. End of. I've come across quite a few 'nearly' accidents along the M5 between Exeter and where I turn off for the 2nd Severn Bridge, quite a few times over the years due to Billy Big Bollocks doing 70mph and over in the fast lane, over the years. It's a huge hazard motoring that way come the summer months

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Cars, even 4x4s should be banned from going in the fast lane, if towing a caravan. End of. I've come across quite a few 'nearly' accidents along the M5 between Exeter and where I turn off for the 2nd Severn Bridge, quite a few times over the years due to Billy Big Bollocks doing 70mph and over in the fast lane, over the years. It's a huge hazard motoring that way come the summer months
    Towing vehicles are only allowed to use lanes 1 and 2 and are limited to 60mph on motorways and dual carriageways (50 mph on other roads). But, like in all walks of life, you get idiots towing.