+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Indian restaurant-Albany rd-90's

Indian restaurant-Albany rd-90's

Can anyone remember an Indian restaurant at the City rd end of Albany rd, opposite side to Tesco and boots, old school type of place, near the church where the piss heads sit and contemplate the meaning of life. I'm sure it existed, mate in work says it didn't. I think the sign was a sort of yellow colour, or chicken korma to be exact. Anyone remember it?

Re: Indian restaurant-Albany rd-90's

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Can anyone remember an Indian restaurant at the City rd end of Albany rd, opposite side to Tesco and boots, old school type of place, near the church where the piss heads sit and contemplate the meaning of life. I'm sure it existed, mate in work says it didn't. I think the sign was a sort of yellow colour, or chicken korma to be exact. Anyone remember it?

Were you too bolloxed and getting mixed up with “The New Karachi” on City Road ?

Newport Road End

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Were you too bolloxed and getting mixed up with “The New Karachi” on City Road ?

Newport Road End
    Nah, I'm sure there was an Indian place at that end of Albany rd. Same side as the chippe, but towards Richmond rd junction.

I don't eat curry in Cardiff much , the cinnamon tree in pontcanna was ok but very pricey

Used to go for a curry post match in the indu cymru or the eurasian , those were good back in the day

No real curry house area in Cardiff like in other cities , spread all over the place

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Newport Road End
    That's a bit of stretch, top of Albany Road to the bottom of City road. Either you're way out or he was even more pissed that he remembers whenever he went there.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I don't eat curry in Cardiff much , the cinnamon tree in pontcanna was ok but very pricey

Used to go for a curry post match in the indu cymru or the eurasian , those were good back in the day

No real curry house area in Cardiff like in other cities , spread all over the place
    That was a pretty decent stretch in Canton mind. If you couldn't get into one or the other, there were at least a couple of back ups. At a stretch the Star of Wales in Victoria Park. It was on the way home for us Barry boys too.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Few on Whitchurch Rd, Panama is always good and the Mint and Mustard if you want to show off a bit. Then there's Chillies if you want to rough it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yes, there was definitely one there, where you describe. I don't think it was open for that long though? I love my curry houses, but by the time I had decided to have one there, it had closed down

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Yes, there was definitely one there, where you describe. I don't think it was open for that long though? I love my curry houses, but by the time I had decided to have one there, it had closed down
    I think it was byo - I can picture the place

The Royal India in Dinas Powys is my favourite these days

purple poppadom is good
    also vegetarian food studio

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Few on Whitchurch Rd, Panama is always good and the Mint and Mustard if you want to show off a bit. Then there's Chillies if you want to rough it.
    Whitchurch Rd is great for all types of eating out, especially curry, each to their own of course and Chillies is certainly no frills but the food is excellent in my experience, I wouldn’t describe it as rough. I guess we’re lucky to live somewhere with such a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Toggs View Post
    Whitchurch Rd is great for all types of eating out, especially curry, each to their own of course and Chillies is certainly no frills but the food is excellent in my experience, I wouldn’t describe it as rough. I guess we’re lucky to live somewhere with such a choice.
    Yeah rough was harsh, no frills is a much better choice of words. I love Whitchurch Rd. Over the past week I've been making up for lost time, been out for food three times already. Sunday lunch in Society Standard, pizza and chicken wings in The Brass Beetle and Turkish food in Longa cafe🤣

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Yeah rough was harsh, no frills is a much better choice of words. I love Whitchurch Rd. Over the past week I've been making up for lost time, been out for food three times already. Sunday lunch in Society Standard, pizza and chicken wings in The Brass Beetle and Turkish food in Longa cafe��
    Turkish cafe is great, Whitchurch rd has changed so much over the last 10 years....only thing that lets it down is having a decent pub on it....

The best curry houses are the basic ones with not too much fuss

Like you are eating in the persons living room

And never go for a curry after 9pm

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That's a bit of stretch, top of Albany Road to the bottom of City road. Either you're way out or he was even more pissed that he remembers whenever he went there.

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Turkish cafe is great, Whitchurch rd has changed so much over the last 10 years....only thing that lets it down is having a decent pub on it....
    Having a descent pub on it lets it down does it????