+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Out of context sell on fees

Out of context sell on fees

Cheltenham Town made a profit of £562,422 during the year ending May 2020.

This figure was helped by income from Marlon Pack's transfer from Bristol City to Cardiff City

Re: Out of context sell on fees

When was the last time we sold anyone with genuine potential? We're usually desperate to offload players on long and expensive contracts.

aaron ramesy i would imagine

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    aaron ramesy i would imagine
    That was my first thought. I was wondering if anyone had anyone else more recent in mind. That felt like a panic sale didn't it? 2008?What was going on? Was he out of contract?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That was my first thought. I was wondering if anyone had anyone else more recent in mind. That felt like a panic sale didn't it? 2008?What was going on? Was he out of contract?
    we were in the shit financially, arsenal offered the cash up front rather than a staggered payment and we weren't in the position to turn them down

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we were in the shit financially, arsenal offered the cash up front rather than a staggered payment and we weren't in the position to turn them down
    Ifs and ands whatever, but imagine if we kept could have him and then went up in 2010. What could we have achieved?