+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no live music gigs yet in Wales...

Why no live music gigs yet in Wales...

Re: Why no live music gigs yet in Wales...

Because were in a slumber and WAG is not that concerned about the economy in my humble view .

What gets me is that live music is allowed a few miles away but not here, as this article says. I took a look at the Music Venue Trust web where there's a map of all the gigs they know about. Not much in Wales and when you check it out you find it's all maybe, if, hopefully, later in the year etc. Either leave the venues closed or let them do their job. Why not in Wales? My humble view.

https://musicvenuetrust.com/

Why do people get so outraged if something is different from England in Wales? Isn't that the point of having a Welsh government?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why do people get so outraged if something is different from England in Wales? Isn't that the point of having a Welsh government?
    Wales was praised on Radio 4 this morning for having the best vaccine rollout in the world and surpassing even Israel.

Given that the UK government has got the timing of things disastrously wrong on a number of occasions during this pandemic, surely it makes sense not to follow them into the next potential disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Wales was praised on Radio 4 this morning for having the best vaccine rollout in the world and surpassing even Israel.
    Really that's surprising - Israel were miles ahead at one point.

But what's the reason for the difference? Be different but for a good reason and the WG hasn't given any explanation of why live music isn't allowed although venues are open. The trouble is that live music in Wales - near the border at least - could lose market share to venues which are open. Devo isn't about being different it's about having sensible policies. This makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    But what's the reason for the difference? Be different but for a good reason and the WG hasn't given any explanation of why live music isn't allowed although venues are open. The trouble is that live music in Wales - near the border at least - could lose market share to venues which are open. Devo isn't about being different it's about having sensible policies. This makes no sense.
    Why do you think it makes no sense? Just because there's a soft border doesn't mean that the Welsh government has to agree with and comply with Westminster?

The Welsh government have had a more cautious approach to reopening most parts of the economy, so I cant see why they would treat the live music industry any different.

I heard recently that it is illegal to even sing along to a tune on the juke box.
    This can't be right shirley.

Devo isn't about being different it's about having sensible policies. This makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

Devo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Uc...B5C04D74E255C9

Feedback

Its a good job Boris and the Tories bought all the vaccines when they did then.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    Welsh Labour are left wing, which means they frown upon any kind of fun or social entertainment. We should all be working for the good of the party and state and not out enjoying ourselves.

It's more dangerous indoors, with no or poor ventilation and where people are projecting their voices while unmasked. Doesn't that sound like most music venues to you? Venues under that bracket will be the last to open up.

Why not have crowds at Welsh football clubs?

Test events need to be managed properly. Head of Premier League was saying events had gone well but testing process was a difficult process.

What is the percentage of people in Wales that are fully vaccinated? I can only find information for first doses.

What is the percentage of people in Wales that are fully vaccinated? I can only find information for first doses.
    29.8% for Wales and 59% for Israel according to https://ourworldindata.org/
    I must have misheard the feature on R4 this morning.

Wales figures of all description here:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55855220

who purchased and funded the vaccine rollout

Yes Wales can make its own decision so move to 1 meter rule and get life back including our sports , music events , the vaccine if that successful in wales ( funded and purchased by others ) either works or it doesn't , time to be brave I say .

29.8% for Wales and 59% for Israel according to https://ourworldindata.org/
    I must have misheard the feature on R4 this morning.

Wales figures of all description here:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55855220
    Think you heard the first does figures.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Because were in a slumber and WAG is not that concerned about the economy in my humble view .
    Westminster pick up the tab for that

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Welsh Labour are left wing, which means they frown upon any kind of fun or social entertainment. We should all be working for the good of the party and state and not out enjoying ourselves.
    I swear a saw Drakeford with a blanket wrapped around him gurning his face off to hallucinogen in the glade at Glastonbury in 2003, he asked me if I had any poppers too....

Off to see Osees at the Tramshed in November and Madness at the Motorpoint in December. Can’t wait!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    who purchased and funded the vaccine rollout
    UK taxpayers.

The Indian variant been here longer than 2 weeks. Hospitalisations haven't gone up. Time to get their fingers out there arse and get the economy opened.