+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why no live music gigs yet in Wales...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Why no live music gigs yet in Wales...

But what's the reason for the difference? Be different but for a good reason and the WG hasn't given any explanation of why live music isn't allowed although venues are open. The trouble is that live music in Wales - near the border at least - could lose market share to venues which are open. Devo isn't about being different it's about having sensible policies. This makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    But what's the reason for the difference? Be different but for a good reason and the WG hasn't given any explanation of why live music isn't allowed although venues are open. The trouble is that live music in Wales - near the border at least - could lose market share to venues which are open. Devo isn't about being different it's about having sensible policies. This makes no sense.
    Why do you think it makes no sense? Just because there's a soft border doesn't mean that the Welsh government has to agree with and comply with Westminster?

Devo isn't about being different it's about having sensible policies. This makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

Devo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Uc...B5C04D74E255C9

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    Welsh Labour are left wing, which means they frown upon any kind of fun or social entertainment. We should all be working for the good of the party and state and not out enjoying ourselves.

It's more dangerous indoors, with no or poor ventilation and where people are projecting their voices while unmasked. Doesn't that sound like most music venues to you? Venues under that bracket will be the last to open up.

Why not have crowds at Welsh football clubs?

Test events need to be managed properly. Head of Premier League was saying events had gone well but testing process was a difficult process.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It's more dangerous indoors, with no or poor ventilation and where people are projecting their voices while unmasked. Doesn't that sound like most music venues to you? Venues under that bracket will be the last to open up.

Why not have crowds at Welsh football clubs?

Test events need to be managed properly. Head of Premier League was saying events had gone well but testing process was a difficult process.
    I have some sympathy in terms of limited resources for planning, but the situation where Welsh football fans will be gathering indoors instead of at the stadium to watch last game of Cymru Premier season is bonkers. Presumably a case of who is liable if it goes wrong rather than what is the safest approach to the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Welsh Labour are left wing, which means they frown upon any kind of fun or social entertainment. We should all be working for the good of the party and state and not out enjoying ourselves.
    I swear a saw Drakeford with a blanket wrapped around him gurning his face off to hallucinogen in the glade at Glastonbury in 2003, he asked me if I had any poppers too....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I swear a saw Drakeford with a blanket wrapped around him gurning his face off to hallucinogen in the glade at Glastonbury in 2003, he asked me if I had any poppers too....
    Did he have Flaming Lips or was he in The Darkness waiting for The Thrills