+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City line up move for Crewe star Wintle after he snubs contract extension

Cardiff City line up move for Crewe star Wintle after he snubs contract extension

https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...act-extension/

Cardiff City are lining up a move for Crewe midfielder Ryan Wintle on a free transfer, Football Insider understands.

Re: Cardiff City line up move for Crewe star Wintle after he snubs contract extension

Looking at the Crewe forum they rate him very highly. Hibs were reputed to have offered £200,000 for him earlier in the season and their fans were outraged reckoning they should not accept less than a million for him. On this basis he sounds good, young too. Crewe have a reputation for playing decent football so might turn out to be another Ng.

Re: Cardiff City line up move for Crewe star Wintle after he snubs contract extension

good age and Crewe seem to produce decent footballers.
    Tom Lowery is another one who is highly rated

Low risk punt - Yep happy with that

Good age, good price though fee is only part of transfer and wages often the larger hit, and in a position we need filling especially if Pack moves to CB.

I don't know anything about him as an individual.

Seems to be exactly the sort of player we definitely were not after if the stories from last week are to believed. Because of that I don’t expect anything to come of this, but I get the feeling we could do a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Good age, good price though fee is only part of transfer and wages often the larger hit, and in a position we need filling especially if Pack moves to CB.

I don't know anything about him as an individual.
    Wages at Crewe will be nowhere near what we pay most of our players at present. We could probably pay the wages of two Crewe players for about half of what we pay a Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seems to be exactly the sort of player we definitely were not after if the stories from last week are to believed. Because of that I don’t expect anything to come of this, but I get the feeling we could do a lot worse.
    Have I missed something?

Have I missed something?
    I thought that, has an executive decision not to sign good young players on a free for some reason?

Have I missed something?
    We’re supposed to be after a left back, attacking midfielder and winger to go with our new striker aren’t we?

Won't harm us grabbing this lad defensive midfielders are a worthwhile investment and at 23 he is one for the future .

Perhaps a recommendation from Perry Ng