+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Get yer suntan out more greens on the way

Get yer suntan out more greens on the way

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57254963

Islands such as the Canary Islands and Majorca could be placed on the UK green list of destinations for holidaymakers, a government minister has said.

The move may happen from 7 June, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said.

Re: Get yer suntan out more greens on the way

I've already booked to go away to Lanzarote with TUI on June 13th. My fingers, toes, eyes, lets and arms are currently crossed in the hope I can actually get out there on that date!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I've already booked to go away to Lanzarote with TUI on June 13th. My fingers, toes, eyes, lets and arms are currently crossed in the hope I can actually get out there on that date!
    Ooh so close, I hope you make it

Chances are you know this. Dont rely on a freebie NHS Covid test to get you on the plane. You have to pay for a private test from a list of providers approved by the government.....or you may (things change) get turned away at the airport. Good luck.....enjoy.

If your going with TUI they are offering a discounted PCR test

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/...travel-from-20

looks like nice weather forecast for Wales next week why go abroad

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...86#source=push

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

For some its change and refresh ,yes you can stay and holiday but lets be honest the prices for are a real good hotel are off the wall , weather can be unpredictable , eating and drinking costly , and traffic , I like to have one break at home preferably wonderful Cornwall / Devon, and one sunny one in Majorca /Greece ( quiet parts ,hate those awful high rise /volume tourist spots )

well until covid is finally defeated I ain't going anywhere abroad

Krakow Poland is on my radar usually lovely weather in the summer , some great places to visit and one of the safest countries in Europe right now . hopefully next year we can travel freely

well until covid is finally defeated I ain't going anywhere abroad

Krakow Poland is on my radar usually lovely weather in the summer , some great places to visit and one of the safest countries in Europe right now . hopefully next year we can travel freely
    Sadly Covid will always be with us , were on 19 now , and as you can see its becoming sophisticated in the way it can mutate .

Fingers crossed it gets better , totally safe for Covid maybe decade or never 100% or something else appears.

Because holiday places in the UK take the piss, even Dick Turpin wore a mask!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Because holiday places in the UK take the piss, even Dick Turpin wore a mask!
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    This.
    depends on the type of holiday i guess .

Whatever type of holiday you have to travel there, eat, drink, use facilities etc, all way too expensive in the UK. You can’t have a holiday and survive on scenery and fresh air. I’ve heard a few rip off tales already.

Cheapest hotel in Caernarfon for june £245 for two nights and that's a travelodge

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Whatever type of holiday you have to travel there, eat, drink, use facilities etc, all way too expensive in the UK. You can’t have a holiday and survive on scenery and fresh air. I’ve heard a few rip off tales already.
    My neighbour has booked Trecco bay for august £1300 in a sandard type caravan and to me that's a rip off. They are given 4 passes for the entertainment but it's on a first come first served basis. I bet it isn't cheap to have a drink or meal there to.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Cheapest hotel in Caernarfon for june £245 for two nights and that's a travelodge
    One night in Tenby Premier in family room £177 two weeks ago with barely anything open

Holiday resorts in the UK could have used a sprat to catch a mackerel this year. Rolled out the red carpet, really made folk who always holiday abroad discover what they’re missing and all at a reasonable cost but no, it looks as though they’re going to attempt to recoup their covid losses in one go. If they do go down this road, as, so far seems likely, it’ll be no surprise if people stick two fingers up and fill aeroplanes even more when we’re allowed to.