+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man United v Villarreal (Europa League final)

Re: Man United v Villarreal (Europa League final)

Why do goalies dive early ? If De Gea stays upright he would have saved at least two of them. It appears to happen in every shoot out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    1 nil Villareal.

Game live on YouTube.
    sky seem to have removed its youtube app

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    sky seem to have removed its youtube app
    It was on BT Sport, not Sky.

We take it again. This is Pau Torres in 1997 he was born in Villarreal a town of only 50,000, at the age of 6 he joined the clubs youth teams. Today he was vital as his Villarreal won their first ever trophy and became the team from the smallest town to ever win a European title!

https://twitter.com/AlexandraJonson/...74647336927243
    50,000!!

A football culture, good coaching, forward thinking and now a major trophy and Champions League football as a reward. It's such an embarrassment how our team have spent money when they've had it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Whilst the penalties were of high quality I dont think I've ever seen a keeper (De Gea) look so disinterested in saving them.
    let in 11 penalties and then missed his own.
    I wonder if he had money on Villarreal to win

as bad as shilton was in the 1990 world cup for England, he never looked like getting any either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Whilst the penalties were of high quality I dont think I've ever seen a keeper (De Gea) look so disinterested in saving them.
    I’ve never seen a keeper look less like saving them. They were amazing but I’d say at least 2 were savable.

Wasn’t the 6th straight down the middle? I always think when it comes to sudden death keepers should stay in the middle and dive late. Always a good chance of one being hit straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’ve never seen a keeper look less like saving them. They were amazing but I’d say at least 2 were savable.

Wasn’t the 6th straight down the middle? I always think when it comes to sudden death keepers should stay in the middle and dive late. Always a good chance of one being hit straight.
    Jan Oblak once did that vs Real Madrid, stayed standing in the middle for every kick and didn't save any. Madrid won 5-3 and he looked like an idiot

Thrilled for the Villarreal supports first big trophy its a very small place .

Manure are a dreadful side need a massive overall ( again ) bits of quality up front, especially Cavani

Villareal have often been decent in Europe haven't they? They had a good team when Riquelme played for them years back

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Thrilled for the Villarreal supports first big trophy its a very small place .

Manure are a dreadful side need a massive overall ( again ) bits of quality up front, especially Cavani
    I wouldn't say they are dreadful - there are definite issues but they are a couple of good signings and a good start away from being title challengers I'd say.

The problem will be that you'd expect Liverpool and Chelsea to be better next season, and Man City are just ridiculously good.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    DeGea didn't even look like he was trying to save any
    He was awful. I don't know if Henderson was on the bench, but if he was then the manager will be haunted by the decision not to tactically bring him on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It was on BT Sport, not Sky.
    correct last year it was available through the youtube app on sky q its not there now you cant use youtube

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Poor united

I am devastated for their fans who have stuck by them through these lean years
    Don't joke - I know a ManU fan (from Buckinghamshire) who swears blind that she's not a glory supporter because the year she started supporting them they didn't win any trophies (they finished second in the league)

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    DeGea didn't even look like he was trying to save any
    Yes his body language was very strange even the first few taken it was like he didn't want to be there , most world class keepers ( who he is allegedly one of) usual save one in ten at least . I wonder if OGS must be looking tentatively examining Henderson penalty save stat's ,lol

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    He was awful. I don't know if Henderson was on the bench, but if he was then the manager will be haunted by the decision not to tactically bring him on.
    I think Henderson was and one of the commentators joked he might be brought on like Holland did for their shoot out.

Hendson has saved 8 from 19
    De Gea 11 from 64

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I think Henderson was and one of the commentators joked he might be brought on like Holland did for their shoot out.

Hendson has saved 8 from 19
    De Gea 11 from 64
    Thought that rang a bell. Should have done it, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Thought that rang a bell. Should have done it, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    Would totally undermine De Gea mind

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Jan Oblak once did that vs Real Madrid, stayed standing in the middle for every kick and didn't save any. Madrid won 5-3 and he looked like an idiot
    I don’t think it would work for the first 5 but once you get to the ones who didn’t want to take a pen I’d say more often than not one comes straight at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Don't joke - I know a ManU fan (from Buckinghamshire) who swears blind that she's not a glory supporter because the year she started supporting them they didn't win any trophies (they finished second in the league)
    Get rid of her

Shes toxic

You don't need people like that in your life

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Poor united

I am devastated for their fans who have stuck by them through these lean years
    I walked into someone replaying the game to a colleague. H esaid "they were shit, shit" referring to Villarreal.

I realised this guy was devastated that Man U had lost .

I felt it was only fair to point out they may well have been, but they had in fact beaten Man U .

As I left the room I heard a rather vehement FxxK off in my direction.

If only his uncle hadn't bought him those pyjamas (before Man U were winning of course)

So much less angst for him...

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Would totally undermine De Gea mind
    I don't think so mate, the stats don't lie. Henderson is a much better penalty stopper. I'm sure De Gea without have preferred waking up with another medal in his cabinet