+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT Peugeot 5008 1.2 130bhp Puretech engine

OT Peugeot 5008 1.2 130bhp Puretech engine

Trying to avoid the politics for the moment (probably won't last!), our Motability Car is due to be replaced (over a year late thanks to The pandemic).

Our first choice went out of the window because the advance payment on our first choice the Volkswagen Touran went up by over £2,500!

I finally bit the bullet and decided on the Peugeot 5008 with a 1.2 Turbo PureTech engine. It is only 1199cc but produces about as much BHP and Torque as the 2 litre Saab I owned 15 years ago and is actually more powerful ( on paper) than the 2.8 Granada I had back in the 80's!

Car hasn't been built yet (sometime in July probably, and it's blue of course!!).I have heard good things about the engine but I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with it.

Should have asked before I ordered it but better late than never!!

Re: OT Peugeot 5008 1.2 130bhp Puretech engine

It’s brilliant. The car is an absolute bargain compared to the competition as most of the options are standard. I’m not a great fan of French cars (PSA are one of my major customers). I can not fault the car or the engine. The engine has loads of torque and for a 1200 is very surprising. I tried to get one here in Poland but the choices are much less and I got a Volvo XC70 instead, still prefer the Piggie

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Trying to avoid the politics for the moment (probably won't last!), our Motability Car is due to be replaced (over a year late thanks to The pandemic).

Our first choice went out of the window because the advance payment on our first choice the Volkswagen Touran went up by over £2,500!

I finally bit the bullet and decided on the Peugeot 5008 with a 1.2 Turbo PureTech engine. It is only 1199cc but produces about as much BHP and Torque as the 2 litre Saab I owned 15 years ago and is actually more powerful ( on paper) than the 2.8 Granada I had back in the 80's!

Car hasn't been built yet (sometime in July probably, and it's blue of course!!).I have heard good things about the engine but I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with it.

Should have asked before I ordered it but better late than never!!
    I know someone who has one and loves it ,relax and enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    It’s brilliant. The car is an absolute bargain compared to the competition as most of the options are standard. I’m not a great fan of French cars (PSA are one of my major customers). I can not fault the car or the engine. The engine has loads of torque and for a 1200 is very surprising. I tried to get one here in Poland but the choices are much less and I got a Volvo XC70 instead, still prefer the Piggie
    Thanks Des. I know you have a lot of expertise in this area. It was either that or the newish 1.5 Blue HDI diesel which I could have paid a couple of hundred pounds extra for (obviously it would have been a lot more if I had been buying the car outright). Having had a few diesels( and they have been fine to be fair). I decided to go back to petrol this time. I do mainly town driving ( apart from about 20 miles per week on the A470 ) I know I will have to pay more for fuel but there you go

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I know someone who has one and loves it ,relax and enjoy it
    Thanks LOM.I was pretty happy with my choice anyway . Replies so far seem to have confirmed it

International

I want a used 3008 but can't find one in my budget. They are hard to find and go quick. I drove one for a while and it made me overcome my anti French car bias.

I'm in a Motability Facebook group. Every time that someone asks for recommendations for a 7 seater, the 5008 is easily the most popular recommendation. (I know they do a 5 seat version aswell)
    You'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'm in a Motability Facebook group. Every time that someone asks for recommendations for a 7 seater, the 5008 is easily the most popular recommendation. (I know they do a 5 seat version aswell)
    You'll be fine
    Thanks. Yes the replies to this thread seem to confirm that I have made a good choice

The only fly in the ointment may be that there seem to be increasing problems with car production everywhere because of the computer chip shortage worldwide because of COVID.

Looking on the Whichmobilitycar forum quite a few cars seem to be removed from the Motability Price listing recently

Two other cars I looked at, the VW Tiguan Allspace and The Skoda Kodiac seem to be off the list and I noticed today that all the petrol models of the 5008 have gone as well, only the diesels are now available.

My car has been on order for nearly three weeks now with a build date of end of June meaning I should get it in early July apparently.
    Hopefully the fact that I have already ordered it means I will be OK, but I am not worried if there is a delay, I like our current Ford Grand C Max and Motability will extend the lease until the new one comes.

I'll E Mail Griffin Mill the dealers to check anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Thanks. Yes the replies to this thread seem to confirm that I have made a good choice

The only fly in the ointment may be that there seem to be increasing problems with car production everywhere because of the computer chip shortage worldwide because of COVID.

Looking on the Whichmobilitycar forum quite a few cars seem to be removed from the Motability Price listing recently

Two other cars I looked at, the VW Tiguan Allspace and The Skoda Kodiac seem to be off the list and I noticed today that all the petrol models of the 5008 have gone as well, only the diesels are now available.

My car has been on order for nearly three weeks now with a build date of end of June meaning I should get it in early July apparently.
    Hopefully the fact that I have already ordered it means I will be OK, but I am not worried if there is a delay, I like our current Ford Grand C Max and Motability will extend the lease until the new one comes.

I'll E Mail Griffin Mill the dealers to check anyway
    Im surprised with the build and delivery timescales you've been quoted tbh. I thought it would be much longer. Hope its correct. Weve recently taken delivery of a WAV . The dealer/conversion company mentioned that they were running low on stock levels due to the computer chip problem. We were fortunate to have their last vehicle of the particular colour and spec we ordered.

Im surprised with the build and delivery timescales you've been quoted tbh. I thought it would be much longer. Hope its correct. Weve recently taken delivery of a WAV . The dealer/conversion company mentioned that they were running low on stock levels due to the computer chip problem. We were fortunate to have their last vehicle of the particular colour and spec we ordered.
    Yes I was surprised by the timescales, but the dealer was sure. He checked on his system on three separate occasions. I ordered the car on 10th May and he told use to expect it in early July. My current Ford took over 12 weeks back in 2017.

Hope your new car is going well for you.

low on stock levels due to the computer chip problem
    Electronic parts now a big issue, lead-times out over a year, TFT/LCD availability down to 25%, major steel shortages, even cardboard shortages, can’t get parts from Japan as there aren’t enough flights, all in all probably the worst supply shortages since the 70s