+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 20-21 - one of the best ever seasons?

20-21 - one of the best ever seasons?

Okay, not everyone's going to agree, but here we go.
    Some reasons why 20-21 was one of the best seasons ever.

1. I watched every single game, home and away. I know a few people who do that regularly, but I don't, and I probably won't ever get the chance again.
    2. I didn't have to battle the traffic to get to and from every home game. Nor did I have to search for a parking place, and then walk half a mile or so to the ground.
    3. I saved a fortune not buying drinks, chocolate, chips, burgers, programmes, badges and other such stuff.
    4. I spent that money on expanding my collection of old City shirts.

Re: 20-21 - one of the best ever seasons?

You could transfer your support to Man U / Chelsea / Liverpool etc and do this every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    You could transfer your support to Man U / Chelsea / Liverpool etc and do this every year.
    I guess that's true. Take away the live experience, and you take away an awful lot.

Not for me, money saved, less traffic etc is just compensation for missing out on going to the match live with my dad. I've quite disliked the streams, you see the match but it's a poor alternative.

What it has done though is make me realise the footy isn't as important as I'd have previously said. I miss it, but have lived without it fine.

I'd like to think clubs will have learnt to appreciate their fans and support more but after a few months I'm sure normal service will be resumed.

I have not enjoyed not being able to go to games and seeing live football. So I have realised just how much I do enjoy going down the CCS. Without live football I have watched more football on TV, and also thought how much I dislike the Premier League too. The best two games for he season for me were us at Swansea and Forest Green v Newport.

With all the new traffic restrictions in and around Canton/Wellington Street/The Castle, you watch how early a lot of people will start leaving the ground before the game ends once fans are back in the ground.
    Will this make the experience of the day watching the City, a bit of a put off for fans, if its taking them over 2 hours to get home to most districts of just Cardiff for argument sake?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    With all the new traffic restrictions in and around Canton/Wellington Street/The Castle, you watch how early a lot of people will start leaving the ground before the game ends once fans are back in the ground.
    Will this make the experience of the day watching the City, a bit of a put off for fans, if its taking them over 2 hours to get home to most districts of just Cardiff for argument sake?

Although I don’t get to many games these days when I do it’s the train from Llantwit to Grangetown and it is generally a stress free experience although the timings can mean a bit of a wait to get back especially for the evening games
    I used to drive in and park up in Canton but the combination of traffic, parking restrictions and the threat of a fine for something around every corner means that I will probably never drive in again.

Sorry to disagree worse season . Missed the interactions, maddness , people ,drinking , home late 😪

Horrible season; which I'm glad to see the back of.

The only part of the season I enjoyed was being 'lucky' enough to watch us get beaten by Norwich from a hotel window in December. ( https://ibb.co/J5WFvST )

Just hope we are back to normality or as close to it as possible for next season.

Beating Jacks was enjoyable aswell... obviously.