+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Marcus Rashford -Racist tweets

Marcus Rashford -Racist tweets

On the news tonight, about the many racist tweets aimed at Black Man U players after last nights defeat. Turns out one of them with lots of monkey emojis attached to it, was sent from a maths teacher.
    Words fail me. What a sick society we live in.

International

Re: Marcus Rashford -Racist tweets

But to be fair, if they're Manure supporters you have to question their intelligence levels before you think about anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But to be fair, if they're Manure supporters you have to question their intelligence levels before you think about anything else.
    Especially math teaching manures. How thick are these fans he actually plays for the club they support ffs

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    On the news tonight, about the many racist tweets aimed at Black Man U players after last nights defeat. Turns out one of them with lots of monkey emojis attached to it, was sent from a maths teacher.
    Just awful. Was it really a teacher or a fake account on Twitter?

Never used Twitter but it appears to be a free for all where you can abuse people?

What's the point of 'twitter' et al ? If you end up with 7.5 million 'followers' it would be surprising if you didn't have a small element of abuse - in this case for every case of racial abuse there were 65,000 that weren't. In that 7.5million there are always going to be a handful of nasty, malicious posts. I'm not sure how protesting and saying how awful it is, will actually change this.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    What's the point of 'twitter' et al ? If you end up with 7.5 million 'followers' it would be surprising if you didn't have a small element of abuse - in this case for every case of racial abuse there were 65,000 that weren't. In that 7.5million there are always going to be a handful of nasty, malicious posts. I'm not sure how protesting and saying how awful it is, will actually change this.
    Exactly, next time Marcus Rashford should think long and hard about being born black!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Twitter band copy written videos almost immediately but doesn’t moderate racist posts. Why can’t they do this?

I don’t understand why you’re offering these opinions without understanding what’s going on.

Sick individuals rather than the whole of society .

I remember that bloke from Swansea tweeting that he hoped that fabrice muamba would die the black etc etc after collapsing on the pitch

I am amazed that someone could think like that

But racists have always been among us

I was doing geography A level and the teacher , an established member of staff , starting telling a very offensive joke about the Bradford Fire . I said I don't want to hear this and covered my ears . He always was off with me after that but bollocks to him .

I went to a teachers party in Bridgend many years ago and the head of history quickly told a joke about Asians involving the p word and most of the teachers laughed . I stood up told me all they are educating the people of the future and got a taxi home .

If teachers , who are generally educated people have these opinions it should be no surprise that someone with not a lot going on upstairs tweets offensive stuff

Its always been there , now they have a platform

First Team

When I first moved down to Llantwit certain teachers were quite openly anti Jewish, cracking jokes in class about being tight with money, big noses etc in front of me.
    Admittedly we are talking about the 70’s and things have got dramatically better ( despite recent incidents) but deep down I suspect many people continue to hold beliefs that may cause offence. In real life they probably hold them back but given the supposed anonymity of social media then those views are let loose.
    The Rashford and Ferdinand incidents recently show that there continues to be an issue surrounding football and sadly I genuinely believe that it will always be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    When I first moved down to Llantwit certain teachers were quite openly anti Jewish, cracking jokes in class about being tight with money, big noses etc in front of me.
    Admittedly we are talking about the 70’s and things have got dramatically better ( despite recent incidents) but deep down I suspect many people continue to hold beliefs that may cause offence. In real life they probably hold them back but given the supposed anonymity of social media then those views are let loose.
    The Rashford and Ferdinand incidents recently show that there continues to be an issue surrounding football and sadly I genuinely believe that it will always be there.
    We are not born racist but sadly a proportion of society turn out that way through their parents or peer group and sadly these people on the whole never change

The apple never falls far from the tree 🌳

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We are not born racist but sadly a proportion of society turn out that way through their parents or peer group and sadly these people on the whole never change

The apple never falls far from the tree 🌳
    If nobody was born racist then surely there would be no racism?
    Also for a Liberal you are making a broad generalisation of people.
    I know parents who are good people but have had a bad apple among their children plus terrible parents whose children have been a credit to society.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I agree with you. Are people more likely to hold views most consider offensive these days? I tend to think not, but social media especially allows those who hold racist views to get them out into the public domain easier and the more this happens, the more people notice them and so things snowball. I'd also say that since the 2016 Referendum, some racists have become emboldened because they believe, wrongly in my view, that more people share their views than they thought.

Why do people naturally assume that the people posting these things are from the UK?

The racist tweets I've seen directed at Rashford suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Blue View Post
    Why do people naturally assume that the people posting these things are from the UK?

The racist tweets I've seen directed at Rashford suggest otherwise.
    Does that make it any better?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree with you. Are people more likely to hold views most consider offensive these days? I tend to think not, but social media especially allows those who hold racist views to get them out into the public domain easier and the more this happens, the more people notice them and so things snowball. I'd also say that since the 2016 Referendum, some racists have become emboldened because they believe, wrongly in my view, that more people share their views than they thought.
    It’s the anonymous accounts that are 100% the problem on all forms of social media.
    If people had to give full name and ID to register, they could be easily identified and arrested.
    I’m sure if members of this board had to do the same, there would far less insults and vitriol.

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    Also for a Liberal you are making a broad generalisation of people.
    I know parents who are good people but have had a bad apple among their children plus terrible parents whose children have been a credit to society.
    well study after study by psychologists show kids play together happily , irrespective of colour

Its when they are influenced by other children or parents or as they get older friends or the media that they form racist opinions

If my aunty had bollocks she would be my uncle

If you don't think a proportion of society is racist and will remain racist till they die then with respect I think you are living in a dreamworld

For a topic that's well discussed, I must admit "babies are born racist" is a new take for me

Does that make it any better?
    Of course not, if that's what you thought I was getting at **** you 😁

Thought it strange that the poster above bringing Brexit into it obviously thinking these were coming from th UK

well study after study by psychologists show kids play together happily , irrespective of colour

Its when they are influenced by other children or parents or as they get older friends or the media that they form racist opinions

If you don't think a proportion of society is racist and will remain racist till they die then with respect I think you are living in a dreamworld
    So clever bolxxcks how did the first racist become racist?
    And what's it got to do with your aunty I don't know

So clever bolxxcks how did the first racist become racist?
    And what's it got to do with your aunty I don't know
    Babies aren't born as criminals or murderers either

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Babies aren't born as criminals or murderers either
    Some people grow up to be bad people.
    Murderers don't see a murder then go on to murder someone so not sure of your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Blue View Post
    Of course not, if that's what you thought I was getting at **** you 😁

Thought it strange that the poster above bringing Brexit into it obviously thinking these were coming from th UK
    So the people responsible for the widely reported rise in UK hate crime after the 2016 Referendum were not from the UK?