+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Justice for the 96...

Re: Justice for the 96...

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    This is one of the most self-contradictory posts I've seen in while even from you.
    you begin by saying it was not the fans fault and then go on to demonstrate how the behaviour of fans all over UK was a precursor to the undoubted tragedy Make your mind up.
    the behaviour of Liverpool fans on the day of the Hillsborough disaster , argued by people to be a cause of the disaster .....pissed up , no tickets , arriving late etc ........was found by lord justice Taylor to be incorrect

Yet still , with an agenda , some still go on about it

Was the behaviour of football fans in the seventies and eighties bad 👎......of course

Did the behaviour of Liverpool fans on that day cause the disaster ?

Not according to a Judicial enquiry

I believe there had been an issue involving Spurs fans in the 81 semi at the same end and I think a turnstile opened then. This time only injuries including broken bones.

A major police cover up probably instigated at the highest level.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    “The same old names on here” is also a particular feeble line.
    I don’t think anyone i’ve ever spoke to about this has denied that the police made mistakes and disgustingly tried to lie their way out of it. Thats a given.
    What annoys me is that nobody seems willing to take into account that there were Liverpool fans without tickets who ran in, and the fact that the fences would not have needed to be up if it wasn’t for the disgusting behaviour of thousands of hooligan scum around in that era.
    I said the same old names because that’s what it is. Whenever the subject of Hillsborough comes up on here, there’s always a few who have to have a dig at the Liverpool fans - if you’re talking four years earlier at Heysel, there’s plenty of evidence to suggest Liverpool fans were culpable there, but what convincing evidence is there that the same applies at Hillsborough? For some, the line seems to be that they were guilty at Heysel,so they must have done something wrong at Hillsborough.

As for fences, yes it’s an indictment on so many who went to games in the seventies that it came to a situation when fences were needed, but they’d been a part of the game for more than a decade when the tragedy at Hillsborough occurred which only makes the decisions made by those in charge that day even worse.

my mate was squashed at Hillsborough..made a statement to the police..months later he saw his statement..it had been changed.. by the police..

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    my mate was squashed at Hillsborough..made a statement to the police..months later he saw his statement..it had been changed.. by the police..
    The police wouldn't do that .......

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Having lived in Liverpool whilst a student, I can advise that their fans are horrible. It is never their fault for Heysel or Hillsborough. When things go wrong for their team, they moan more way than any other supporters. If they had behaved themselves, then my opinion is that there would have been little or no bereavements at aforementioned stadiums. It was mainly the bad behaviour of Liverpool fans that caused English clubs to be banned from European tournaments for a number of years.
    Spot on SB. What gets me is that they forever go on about remembering 'the 96'.
    It was 36 years yesterday the anniversary of Hysel. The scummy tw@ts sweep it under the carpet every year. Why don't they want to ever remember 'the 39'.

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    Spot on SB. What gets me is that they forever go on about remembering 'the 96'.
    It was 36 years yesterday the anniversary of Hysel. The scummy tw@ts sweep it under the carpet every year. Why don't they want to ever remember 'the 39'.
    No they go on about JUSTICE for the 96

Which they have never got

Those killed at Hysel ?

Liverpool fans went to prison for that and rightly so

You don't have a lot going on upstairs do you ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No they go on about JUSTICE for the 96

Which they have never got

Those killed at Hysel ?

Liverpool fans went to prison for that and rightly so

You don't have a lot going on upstairs do you ?
    I agree. This isn't the right place to try to blame fans of a football team you don't happen to like. The case and outcomes go beyond Liverpool FC and also beyond football in general. This is about the police and the powers-that-be evading justice.