+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Justice for the 96...

Justice for the 96...

Never going to happen due to a technicality.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...eaved-families

Re: Justice for the 96...

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Never going to happen due to a technicality.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...eaved-families
    Its appalling

Never mind the always the victims arseholes , Hillsborough was a flecking stitch up and the corruption went through the police , the ambulance service and the government

Its an absolute disgrace

Poor bastards

One of my mates at college was crushed in that

He went from being a football loving cheeky git who would come to watch Cardiff with me to a bloke on a life support machine to someone who now needs 24 hour care

He wasn't drunk , he didn't force open the gates or open them himself , he was crushed up against the fence , pushed over for help by fellow fans and then given sub standard medical treatment .

And like any of us all he was doing was going to a football match .

Fecking stinks .

disgusting from start to finish

Its incredible looking at footage matches from years back with fans crammed together and fenced in.

Luckily we were shit for most of the days but looking back the Welsh Cup Final v Wexham in Swansea the ground must have held 15000 minimum. If i remember correct there were about 200 Wrexham fans behind 1 goal a similar amount of Swansea fans in the North Bank and around easily 5000 of us crammed into 1 end which I believe was split into 2 ares with a fence down the middle.

Sadly it was a disaster waiting to happen and the cover up and reporting a disgrace.

It was dreadful however shouldn't we draw a line now .

Never draw a line
    Never forgive
    Never forget.
    The establishment have gotten off Scott free in this.
    96 people lost their lives never forgotten by me and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It was dreadful however shouldn't we draw a line now .
    you consistently post the worst takes on this board

Having lived in Liverpool whilst a student, I can advise that their fans are horrible. It is never their fault for Heysel or Hillsborough. When things go wrong for their team, they moan more way than any other supporters. If they had behaved themselves, then my opinion is that there would have been little or no bereavements at aforementioned stadiums. It was mainly the bad behaviour of Liverpool fans that caused English clubs to be banned from European tournaments for a number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its incredible looking at footage matches from years back with fans crammed together and fenced in.

Luckily we were shit for most of the days but looking back the Welsh Cup Final v Wexham in Swansea the ground must have held 15000 minimum. If i remember correct there were about 200 Wrexham fans behind 1 goal a similar amount of Swansea fans in the North Bank and around easily 5000 of us crammed into 1 end which I believe was split into 2 ares with a fence down the middle.

Sadly it was a disaster waiting to happen and the cover up and reporting a disgrace.
    It was very uncomfortable in the west terrace that night , I wanted to celebrate when we scored but I could hardly move . They could easily have given us the North Bank.

When the final was switched to the millennium or whatever it was called that day Swansea brought 4000 fans and they could sit in comfort

Why so many of us were crammed into that chicken wire enclosure is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Having lived in Liverpool whilst a student, I can advise that their fans are horrible. It is never their fault for Heysel or Hillsborough. When things go wrong for their team, they moan more way than any other supporters. If they had behaved themselves, then my opinion is that there would have been little or no bereavements at aforementioned stadiums. It was mainly the bad behaviour of Liverpool fans that caused English clubs to be banned from European tournaments for a number of years.
    there is always one

I said there are people out there who despite the evidence still blame the fans and here comes along one

You are talking about the behaviour of football fans

Do you know anything about the behaviour of Cardiff City fans in the last 40 years ?

I have seen disorder from our clubs fans in this country and in Europe

If the fences hadn't been in place for many of our games in the past then there would have been riots

As a club we were at the forefront of violence for many years and if you are going to shame Liverpool for Hillsborough.......which didn't involve violence and intimidation ......then you need to shame Cardiff , Chelsea , Wolves , Leeds , Millwall , Stoke , West Ham , Spurs , Birmingham City , Portsmouth and lots of other football clubs

Leeds were rioting in 1974 in Europe , big time , luckily nobody was killed

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    there is always one

I said there are people out there who despite the evidence still blame the fans and here comes along one

Do you know anything about the behaviour of Cardiff City fans in the last 40 years ?

If the fences hadn't been in place for many of our games in the past then there would have been riots

As a club we were at the forefront of violence for many years and if you are going to shame Liverpool for Hillsborough.......which didn't involve violence and intimidation ......then you need to shame Cardiff , Chelsea , Wolves , Leeds , Millwall , Stoke , West Ham , Spurs , Birmingham City , Portsmouth and lots of other football clubs

So basically, the hooligans of the time, from all the clubs you mentioned, are just as much to blame as the fuzz. If fences hadn’t had to have been there, not a single Liverpool fan would have died that day.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    So basically, the hooligans of the time, from all the clubs you mentioned, are just as much to blame as the fuzz. If fences hadn’t had to have been there, not a single Liverpool fan would have died that day.
    People didn't die because of fences, that's a bit like saying a car is to blame for a pedestrians death even though the person driving was pissed and out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    People didn't die because of fences, that's a bit like saying a car is to blame for a pedestrians death even though the person driving was pissed and out of control.
    Of course they died because of the fences.If they weren’t there, they would have survived. The combination of police mistakes, fans trying to get in without tickets, and the presence of fences, was the lethal cocktail.
    Some folk just wont accept that fact.
    The police trying to cover up the part they played is and was disgraceful, but they were not alone in the blame department.

Well thats incorrect

Many died in the tunnel , nowhere near any fences

Hillsborough could have happened to any clubs fans , including ours

Hereford away in the Welsh Cup was a nightmare

And if we are talking about the police , who were just a part of the nightmare of Hillsborough........shocking , inept and badly organised according to the Taylor report .......then South Yorkshire Police clearly learned nothing from Hillsborough as they went berserk on innocent Cardiff fans outside Bramhall Lane on our first visit back in 2003

You seem very black and white , good and bad , crime and punishment which is your opinion but the facts about Hillsborough put the blame fairly and squarely on the police , the ambulance service , the ticketing allocation and the fact that a serious road accident on the main road into Sheffield delayed thousands of fans who arrived on masse

Many of those killed or injured hadn't consumed any alcohol and all the crap about our brave cops being assaulted or pissed on by drunken scousers as they tried to revive dying football fans was utter shite written by the sun

People with a bit going on upstairs know that's utter lies

I am off now , my friend is still in need of 24 hour care whilst ill informed people still trot out the same old bullshit 😴

Of course they died because of the fences.If they weren’t there, they would have survived. The combination of police mistakes, fans trying to get in without tickets, and the presence of fences, was the lethal cocktail.
    The police trying to cover up the part they played is and was disgraceful, but they were not alone in the blame department.
    What even those crushed in the tunnel ?

Some folk are just ill informed, as you are

Now that , really is it

How many were crushed to death in the tunnel ?
    Can you show me where you got this from?

We know the police made mistakes, and they wrongly attempted to cover them up

Lets not forget the Liverpool fans knew that if they arrived en masse ( with or without tickets ) over loaded the turnstiles the Police would open the gates to let them all in ( the Liverpool fans were well known for it, yes other teams had done in, i know we did at Hereford in the early 90's, they just opened the emergency gates and we filled the front paddock )

any death at football is one too many, the time for Justice is gone, the police who made the decisions are now a long time gone, of course they want justice and deserve it, but what does justice look like now ? ? ?

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    there is always one

This is one of the most self-contradictory posts I've seen in while even from you.
    you begin by saying it was not the fans fault and then go on to demonstrate how the behaviour of fans all over UK was a precursor to the undoubted tragedy Make your mind up.

The "time to move on" line is a particularly feeble argument whenever it is applied, whether it be Tories trying to brush what happened last year with Covid under the carpet or the same old names on here who have trouble accepting that the Sun's version of events that afternoon has been proved to be palpably untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The "time to move on" line is a particularly feeble argument whenever it is applied, whether it be Tories trying to brush what happened last year with Covid under the carpet or the same old names on here who have trouble accepting that the Sun's version of events that afternoon has been proved to be palpably untrue.
    “The same old names on here” is also a particular feeble line.
    I don’t think anyone i’ve ever spoke to about this has denied that the police made mistakes and disgustingly tried to lie their way out of it. Thats a given.
    What annoys me is that nobody seems willing to take into account that there were Liverpool fans without tickets who ran in, and the fact that the fences would not have needed to be up if it wasn’t for the disgusting behaviour of thousands of hooligan scum around in that era.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Well if the copper in charge that day admitted his serious failures led DIRECTLY to the deaths of 96 fans and the disability and long term health problems of hundreds of others thats a fair cop , as they say

A lack of special trains that day , poor planning by the police , poor communication between the emergency services , Liverpool fans being given the smaller end despite having huge support etc

Yet football fans of a certain type cannot let go of this yeah but what about the ticket less fans nonsense which was dismissed out of hand as untrue by justice Taylor

I don't know why they persist with such ill informed and incorrect opinion

Well the fact is lord justice Taylor dismissed the fans turning up without tickets argument as totally untrue and laid the blame fairly and squarely on the police and the football authorities

He was a high court judge

I know who my money is on

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    We know the police made mistakes, and they wrongly attempted to cover them up

Lets not forget the Liverpool fans knew that if they arrived en masse ( with or without tickets ) over loaded the turnstiles the Police would open the gates to let them all in ( the Liverpool fans were well known for it, yes other teams had done in, i know we did at Hereford in the early 90's, they just opened the emergency gates and we filled the front paddock )

any death at football is one too many, the time for Justice is gone, the police who made the decisions are now a long time gone, of course they want justice and deserve it, but what does justice look like now ? ? ?
    horse shit

The Taylor report dismissed the claim by the police that ticketless Liverpool fans were to blame as totally without foundation

The time for justice for you might be gone but for the relatives of the dead and seriously injured it may never end and I think that's for them to decide

How many were crushed to death in the tunnel ?
    Can you show me where you got this from?
    The Taylor Report

Fans died in the tunnel in the suge to get in , fans died in the entrance to the leppings lane and fans died in the enclosure .

The horrific photos of people up against the fences was only part of the disaster

My mate who was seriously injured was passed over the crowd to the emergency services and was nowhere near the fences