+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff Squad value vs rest of division

Cardiff Squad value vs rest of division

Yorkshire Post is running this story. Some of the valuations of players are maybe a little low, I think there is a disparity between a players real value and a players value in the market. Massive pinches of salt to be had

However we are tenth - just above average but our squad is 22% up on last year. Again apparently - but I like that stat

Shows we finished where we sort of should have

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...3250628?page=3

Re: Cardiff Squad value vs rest of division

back at the start of the season I'm sure we had the 6th highest squad value on transfermarkt, but yeah we finished about where we should have

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Yorkshire Post is running this story. Some of the valuations of players are maybe a little low, I think there is a disparity between a players real value and a players value in the market. Massive pinches of salt to be had

However we are tenth - just above average but our squad is 22% up on last year. Again apparently - but I like that stat

Shows we finished where we sort of should have

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...3250628?page=3
    How do they get £54.6m for our squad? If moore was valued at £30m it would still be way off, but they’ve valued Morrison as most expensive player! What complete nonsense! If we liquidated the squad tomorrow we’d be lucky to get £30m.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    How do they get £54.6m for our squad? If moore was valued at £30m it would still be way off, but they’ve valued Morrison as most expensive player! What complete nonsense! If we liquidated the squad tomorrow we’d be lucky to get £30m.
    it includes 15m for Harry Wilson.

the values they post are always to be taken with a huge pinch of salt as well, they so just represent a value, not what the club would likely accept.

Thought we had the 9th best squad overall in the season ending today - the starting 11 was better than year before but Warnock had left us with an expensive and deep squad of average or better Championship players which really helped when games came thick and fast - and I expect it to be slightly worse for next season, but if we make smart moves here on in it could be top 4 squad the year after and therefore competing for automatics instead of just hoping for 6th place.

Lots of work to do over the summer so no final judgement yet but I hope Mick isn't going to plan for short term only - we've wasted enough money doing that.

Its complete shit. Will is worth £7m. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its complete shit. Will is worth £7m. ��
    they have 1.35 million

Perry NG is worth £10m on his own.

Apart from Moore and Morrison there i very little value in the rest of our squad in the current climate.